• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Section

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I guess we'll see alot more students at the UCONN game, as it is unlikely many will have to work on a Sunday night.

If we see more students it won't be because they don't have to work but that they will have all day to drink and won't have the hangover from the night before to keep them from coming.  >:D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think that we may see more students but less non-students since its on a Sunday night... also don't forget about the impact of Thanksgiving on the UConn attendance levels. Some may be leaving early to go out of state or in my case may be having Thanksgiving early due to personal reasons.

• Content Count:  1,524

I think that the big problem with the student turn out is the way students obtain tickets. Now I am not making any excuses here, but this is the first year that they have done this "requesting tickets" thing. A lot of students are still trying to figure it out. Half of the time, the system doesent even work and it will tell you that there is no upcoming game. I know that several of my friends said screw it and bought season tickets so they wouldnt have to deal with it. I think that is the biggest thing that athletics needs to work out.

• Content Count:  1,387

I think that the big problem with the student turn out is the way students obtain tickets. Now I am not making any excuses here, but this is the first year that they have done this "requesting tickets" thing. A lot of students are still trying to figure it out. Half of the time, the system doesent even work and it will tell you that there is no upcoming game. I know that several of my friends said screw it and bought season tickets so they wouldnt have to deal with it. I think that is the biggest thing that athletics needs to work out.

Hope they figure something out to make it better for the students.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I love this whole "calling out the students" thing we got going on here. Lets look at the facts, shall we?

The student section has been jammed packed the last 11 years, amiright?  Oh wait, no, before last year, we had NEVER filled the student section.

This group of students caused the expansion of the student section to 12,000 tickets. They forced there to be a waiting list. They waited OVERNIGHT for tickets.

How about previous classes of students (some of which are now the ones calling current students out)? They didn't fill the student section even when we were having good years!

Oh, not to mention that's its futile to call out people on this message board. Do you think most of those bandwagoners are posters here? And do you think your post is going to make a difference?

And it's pathetic that you feel the need to insult the students when the problem is the football team, not the fans.

Yet another shining example of the maturity and logic displayed by today's student body..... oh wait...  ::)

Honestly I'm more worried about the level of humanity making up the student body now than the football team's performance.

This thread started at the the beginning of the game as a comment on the lack of support from the students for the football game... Instead of owning the problem and trying to do something positive to get more students in the seats it's deteriorated into students either trying to justify the no shows (actually using a hangover as a valid reason).... or just acting like complete idiots... both of which are more than disappointing.

Campus didn't used to be like this...

Get over yourself  ::)

I agree, there are students acting like idiots, and there are also non-students acting like idiots.  This thread is and never was constructive. (you must not have seen the original thread title, before it was editied  ::))

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I love this whole "calling out the students" thing we got going on here. Lets look at the facts, shall we?

The student section has been jammed packed the last 11 years, amiright?  Oh wait, no, before last year, we had NEVER filled the student section.

This group of students caused the expansion of the student section to 12,000 tickets. They forced there to be a waiting list. They waited OVERNIGHT for tickets.

How about previous classes of students (some of which are now the ones calling current students out)? They didn't fill the student section even when we were having good years!

Oh, not to mention that's its futile to call out people on this message board. Do you think most of those bandwagoners are posters here? And do you think your post is going to make a difference?

And it's pathetic that you feel the need to insult the students when the problem is the football team, not the fans.

Yet another shining example of the maturity and logic displayed by today's student body..... oh wait...  ::)

Honestly I'm more worried about the level of humanity making up the student body now than the football team's performance.

This thread started at the the beginning of the game as a comment on the lack of support from the students for the football game... Instead of owning the problem and trying to do something positive to get more students in the seats it's deteriorated into students either trying to justify the no shows (actually using a hangover as a valid reason).... or just acting like complete idiots... both of which are more than disappointing.

Campus didn't used to be like this...

Get over yourself  ::)

I agree, there are students acting like idiots, and there are also non-students acting like idiots.  This thread is and never was constructive. (you must not have seen the original thread title, before it was editied  ::))

How can something be is and never was??? And if you bothered to read the thread you'd know that I was the first reply to the thread... from section 126 2 minutes into the game...  ::)

Archived