• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ron Prince to resign as Kansas State coach.....Leavitt to leave?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Leavitt isnt going anywhere.  Why would he leave a job where he has infinite job security?  He can 0 for the next 10 years and we will keep him around.  Welcome to USF. 

In my opinion,  the door is open...he can have it if he wants it.  We need a change. 

I'm with you. This program is stale. I've seen enough of Leavitt. He will become the Greenburg of USF football. Wins a big game every now and again. Can't close the deal. Stays around until he decides to leave.

greenberg never won a big game I think he had a donot against ranked teams

yeah you're right.

McCullum was the guy that would win a big game every now and again. Greenburg was the guy that had a great record and had our hopes up until we imploded towards the back half of the season.

Both sound somewhat familiar to Leavitt.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we will have to fire leavitt

he aint leaving

he is robbing usf every day

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Guys, I was never saying Leavitt would get that type of jopb, just saying if he ever did, he'd leave.

• Content Count:  377
  • Days Won:  0

he aint leaving

just like you're robbing everyone on here of minutes of their life they'll never get when they read your posts

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Leavitt leaving USF? It's not going to happen...here's why

November 6, 12:04 PM

by Tom Edrington, South Florida Bulls Examiner

Fact: Ron Prince is out at Kansas State as head football coach after this season.

Rumor: USF Coach Jim Leavitt could be a candidate at K-State.

Fact: Leavitt's NOT leaving USF...here's why:

1. Four REAL GOOD reasons: Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska.

2. Recruiting: Good luck recruiting against the four REAL GOOD reasons.

3. Leavitt has had enough trouble with Rutgers, Louisville, Cincinnati and UConn, so why take on the four REAL GOOD reasons?

4. Ego.  Leavitt's baby, USF, is now a pesky, underachieving adolescent that still HAS NOT won the Big East.

5. Declining Leavitt stock.  If Leavitt was a stock on the NYSE, he would have fallen from a high of 100 last year to a low of 25 today.

Finally this: IF Leavitt were to leave, sentiment is that USF would politely thank him and immediately place a call to Gator defensive coach Dan McCarney.  Leavitt lucked out last year and hired McCarney as his defensive line coach.  Florida coach Urban Meyer saw the results and promptly made him the Gators' defensive line coach.  See any improvement this year at Florida?  See any decline at USF?  How about all those 100-yard rushers that have had success against the Bulls this year?

And finally, ask the former sackmaster George Selvie -- and that's emphatically FORMER -- if he misses Dan McCarney.

All these factors AND the simple situation is that Leavitt has been out of the K-State, Big XII loop too long.

Oh, and yes.  How about those wonderful winters in Manhattan, Kansas?

Link

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

he aint leaving

just like you're robbing everyone on here of minutes of their life they'll never get when they read your posts

amen to that smmitty.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

CJL stays.  We are still winning twice as many games as we're losing.  We can be disappointed in the team and in our coach, but as long as CJL keeps winning, he stays.

That's my opinion of what our AD does.  I'd like to see him claim a BE championship in the next 3 years or I'd be ready to move on.

LOL  first you say we're winning twice as many games as we're losing, then you talk about a BE championship...

but when it comes to games that really matter--- Big East games--- we are 13-12 since joining the league.

hate to break it to ya guy, but that ain't "winning twice as many games as we're losing," at least not games that count.

I was stating what I thought our AD would do, but then that I personally would like to see a BE championship in 3 years or I'll think about joining your "Fire CJL" crew.

And I hate to break it to YOU, but we ARE winning twice as many games as we're losing....we're 6-3 now, we were 9-4 last year and the year before that.  Even if you count all the way back to our very first days, CJL and our Bulls are 79-47 overall, which is 63% of our games (just short of the 67% that would be winning twice as many as we lose).  Now whether or not that's enough to warrant Leavitt's rehire is another subject, but I think our AD and program can be happy about that and give Leavitt at least a few more years to build.  If you don't, fine...but the math is correct.

And "games that count"?!?!....beating highly ranked teams every year doesn't count?  Yes, we let down for some games; yes, we play up and down to our competition; yes, there are changes to be made in our program--but saying that we don't win games that count is just not correct.  BE games are not the ONLY ones that "count".  Auburn and Kansas count just as much as Louisville 2005 and WVU.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

CJL stays.  We are still winning twice as many games as we're losing.  We can be disappointed in the team and in our coach, but as long as CJL keeps winning, he stays.

That's my opinion of what our AD does.  I'd like to see him claim a BE championship in the next 3 years or I'd be ready to move on.

LOL  first you say we're winning twice as many games as we're losing, then you talk about a BE championship...

but when it comes to games that really matter--- Big East games--- we are 13-12 since joining the league.

hate to break it to ya guy, but that ain't "winning twice as many games as we're losing," at least not games that count.

I was stating what I thought our AD would do, but then that I personally would like to see a BE championship in 3 years or I'll think about joining your "Fire CJL" crew.

And I hate to break it to YOU, but we ARE winning twice as many games as we're losing....we're 6-3 now, we were 9-4 last year and the year before that.  Even if you count all the way back to our very first days, CJL and our Bulls are 79-47 overall, which is 63% of our games (just short of the 67% that would be winning twice as many as we lose).  Now whether or not that's enough to warrant Leavitt's rehire is another subject, but I think our AD and program can be happy about that and give Leavitt at least a few more years to build.  If you don't, fine...but the math is correct.

And "games that count"?!?!....beating highly ranked teams every year doesn't count?  Yes, we let down for some games; yes, we play up and down to our competition; yes, there are changes to be made in our program--but saying that we don't win games that count is just not correct.  BE games are not the ONLY ones that "count".  Auburn and Kansas count just as much as Louisville 2005 and WVU.

conference games are the only ones that matter. winning our conference is the goal.

I'd trade that AU win for a win over UCOnn last year. we win that one and we go to a BCS game.

I'd trade the Ku win for one over Pitt or cincy this year. we wouldn't be out of the conference race already.

Archived