• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ron Prince to resign as Kansas State coach.....Leavitt to leave?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

WE paid leavitt that much for a reason. He aint going anywhere

To win games.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No, not there.

If Leavitt ever does leave it would be to a major powerhouse, like a USC or notre Dame type.

• Content Count:  5,246
  • Days Won:  2

No, not there.

If Leavitt ever does leave it would be to a major powerhouse, like a USC or notre Dame type.

LOL. you actually think CJL is the caliber of coach to get offered a job at USC?

come on now.

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

No, not there.

Yea...seriously...that made me laugh  :D

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

No, not there.

Leavitt's teams have played against superior talent every single year he's coached.  We're barely on par talent-wise with Syracuse.  Others people don't see the negativity our fans do.  They have the outside perspective of, wow, imagine what he could do with talent.

Made you laugh?  Maybe you missed the Alabama job offer?  They were down, but as you can plainly see this year Alabama is a powerhouse team.  He's already gotten offers from powerhouses.

I doubt he'll leave, but at least a power house would have the financial backing to have a shot at getting him.  Unless of course we prematurely fire they best thing USF has on the football field.  We might as well wait and see if he can get some players in the next few years.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

No, not there.

Leavitt's teams have played against superior talent every single year he's coached.  We're barely on par talent-wise with Syracuse.  Others people don't see the negativity our fans do.  They have the outside perspective of, wow, imagine what he could do with talent.

Made you laugh?  Maybe you missed the Alabama job offer?  They were down, but as you can plainly see this year Alabama is a powerhouse team.  He's already gotten offers from powerhouses.

I doubt he'll leave, but at least a power house would have the financial backing to have a shot at getting him.  Unless of course we prematurely fire they best thing USF has on the football field.  We might as well wait and see if he can get some players in the next few years.

As much as it pains me to say it Bamma is where they are because of Saban and his name recognition.  Top recruits flocked there once he got established and they experienced a huge talent upgrade.  The Bamma of today is certainly not the Bamma from when they offered CJL from a talent stand point. 

• Content Count:  1,260

I believe Rock Riley quoted CJL on Sports Connection, saying when asked about KSU..he reiterated that he has the best job in America already and wouldn't be interest.

I think alot of ppl who are newer fans to college football aren't as used to the coaching cyle. In the pros, coaches get 3 years to win or they're out...period. But in general, the majority of academic institutions usually give a coach every opportunity to win..unless the coach's authority has become stale, the program is imploding, or the trajectory of the team is downward or has plateaued. The exception being a handful of traditional football powers who have tremendously powerful boosters. (Alabama, Florida) Ex. Phil Fulmer was finally fired after 17 some years..and Ty Willingham was let go after 4 seasons where he never had a winning year.

For better or worse, CJL will be here almost as long as he wants to be. Having grown the program from inception..and only having 2 losing seasons in 11 years has earned him a free pass for a long while. Alot of us might not be happy with the way the season has gone or our in-conference record...but the university is just not going to can a coach who has an infant program 'bowling' for the 4th straight year. He'll have every chance to right the ship before the university feels compelled to make a move.

• Content Count:  4,642

no way he leaves

• Content Count:  1,400

Leavitt isnt going anywhere.  Why would he leave a job where he has infinite job security?  He can 0 for the next 10 years and we will keep him around.  Welcome to USF. 

In my opinion,  the door is open...he can have it if he wants it.  We need a change. 

I'm with you. This program is stale. I've seen enough of Leavitt. He will become the Greenburg of USF football. Wins a big game every now and again. Can't close the deal. Stays around until he decides to leave.

greenberg never won a big game I think he had a donot against ranked teams

Archived