• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

That Leavitt goes.  It's obvious that this team does not want to play for him.  Nor can he coach them.  He can't keep a NT on side.  This is pathetic.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

That Leavitt goes.  It's obvious that this team does not want to play for him.  Nor can he coach them.  He can't keep a NT on side.  This is pathetic.

These offside's penalties are becomeing pathetic.  It is jush horrible to watch this line play.  Any time the offense gets a 1st down penalty, its almost no worry.  They can just get 5-10 right back by drawing them offsides.

Kind of like a high school D-line agianst USC's.

• Content Count:  356

I have to agree - leavitt has taken this team as far as its going to go for him...nothing really unusal about that...time for new blood - the program is setting itself further back each game at a time when positive steps are needed.

• Content Count:  2,568
  • Days Won:  1

At least let him reap the rewards of new highly rated recruits drawn to the school after hitting number two last season.  Keep in mind we're still playing guys that were mainly below average recruits coming out of high school.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I have to agree - leavitt has taken this team as far as its going to go for him...nothing really unusal about that...time for new blood - the program is setting itself further back each game at a time when positive steps are needed.

For everyone that feels this way. WHO exactly do you propose replaces CJL? Sorry, but we do not have unlimited financial options. CJL is well paid, but most coaches who would work for his salary would also laugh at the assistant pool. CJL is not going anywhere, nor should he.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I'll let CJL get a pass but the coaching staff sucks.

Part of the problem is the team they can't handle preasure well.

How many great coaches have been wound up like CJL, not many that I can think of

right now.

• Content Count:  505

Please,  It's time for USF to find some real fans.  Everybody wants it now.  We have only had one, maybe two, recruiting classes where we started recruiting a player while we were in the Big East.  When we made the leap to the Big East, the upper classman in high school still looked at us as CUSA.  It takes time to build a football team.  It could be worse we could be Michigan, Tennessee, or Notre Dame.  They have been on the downturn.  Every year we have been getting better.

We have never finished a season ranked.  Let's start there before we live or die with every loss.  This is college football, most of the time everyone loses at least one game.  My expectations of this team were us being ranked around 20-25.  That is because we have some good skill talent, but we are lacking depth, especially along the lines.  We have had so many injuries this year and last, that the lack of depth becomes a problem.  As we grow our recruiting will grow.  We have been fighting the USF isn't big time perception and that won't change for a few more years at least.  Remember Harrison Beck's comment before the NC State game?  He never considered USF because they were not big time enough.  It will take time.  USF and Leavitt still has this team moving forward and I have faith.  If you want it in one year, go watch the NFL.  They can plug in free agents to fill holes, college teams have to recruit and grow their players.  Maybe that is a better game for you.

Archived