• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL line opens at 25

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

This is exactly how I see it.  I'm not sure we will cover the spread.

We buried ECU because their coach is an Jacka#^ and we are leaving C-USA any way, but with you guys going to the NBE with us, I suspect Petrino will play ball control football, which will keep us from scoring a whole lot, but also keep the ball out of your hands as well.

Good luck to the Bulls starting Saturday.  ;)

No Coach in his right mind goes to ball control until the game is sealed.  Yes, Petrino will run the ball only 'cuz the Bull D is giving up yards & points to it but not 'cuz USF is joining UL in the NBE next yr  ::).

IMO, this game could be competitive or a UL blow out.  It depends mentally how both teams show up.  UL could be pysched to avenge last yr's OT loss or have a let down after getting so high vs. UM and seeing USF collapse vs. Army.  USF definitely could go either way since its a road game.  15 pts seems to be an appropriate spread.   I expect a 35-20 type contest w/USF getting 10 pts in the 4th quarter.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14

No Coach in his right mind goes to ball control until the game is sealed.

Actually, Louisville has played ball control (time of possession) in every game except Miami.  Lots and lots of runs with short passes mixed in.  Tons of drives of 8 minutes leaves very few opportunities for opposing offenses.

Guest CardinalExpress

No Coach in his right mind goes to ball control until the game is sealed.  Yes, Petrino will run the ball only 'cuz the Bull D is giving up yards & points to it but not 'cuz USF is joining UL in the NBE next yr  ::).

IMO, this game could be competitive or a UL blow out.  It depends mentally how both teams show up.  UL could be pysched to avenge last yr's OT loss or have a let down after getting so high vs. UM and seeing USF collapse vs. Army.  USF definitely could go either way since its a road game.  15 pts seems to be an appropriate spread.   I expect a 35-20 type contest w/USF getting 10 pts in the 4th quarter.

You missed my point.  With all due respect, if we chose to, we could score 50 on you, but I don't see Petrino doing that.

He will probably play a game plan similar to our first three games where he ran the ball a lot, and only passed to keep the defense honest.  I do not expect a game like ECU's or Miami's.

He will do this because he believes we can still win easily with this game plan, and it will also keep the defense fresh, which will keep you guys out of the endzone.

Now, when we play TCU, I expect 60, because we owe those guys bigtime, their defense is awful, and we won't see them again either.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

I think that from here on out Petrino will not be easy on any team and we will try to pound everyone becuase that is the only way we are going to move up in the rankings becuase our SOS is weak....and if we keep moving up and teams above us lose then there is still a 1% chance we could go to a BCS bowl....

It isn't going be be pretty for you all on Friday...

See ya next year in the NBE!

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, this is football. You play the game the hardest with your best and let the chips fall where they may!

Go BULLS..............

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

I think that from here on out Petrino will not be easy on any team and we will try to pound everyone becuase that is the only way we are going to move up in the rankings becuase our SOS is weak....and if we keep moving up and teams above us lose then there is still a 1% chance we could go to a BCS bowl....

It isn't going be be pretty for you all on Friday...

See ya next year in the NBE!

If you would have been able to beat Miami then yes you could have been a BCS buster.  But at this point a one loss non-BCS team is not going to a BCS bowl unless every big conference team has at least three losses.  If you win out they may bump a new years day bowl for you but don't expect it.  Play the Liberty Bowl and wait for you BCS bowl next year.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Louisville doesn't owe us  squat.  Except for Denny Crumb they've always been real classy and anything they do will be in the best interest of THEIR team which is to be expected.  

Guest Vance A. Smith

"We buried ECU because their coach is an Jacka#^ and we are leaving C-USA any way, but with you guys going to the NBE with us, I suspect Petrino will play ball control football, which will keep us from scoring a whole lot, but also keep the ball out of your hands as well. "

Silly post.  Petrino and the Cards will play against USF with same intensity they played  with against Miami.  Why wouldn't they?  Otherwise that is how you lose games you shouldn't lose.  We are glad USF is going to the Big East but we leave it at that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

CFN C-USA prediction:

Game of the Week

South Florida (2-3) at Louisville (4-1), 8:00 ESPN

Why to watch: Louisville didn’t get the win over Miami last week, but it certainly got national respect in the 41-38 loss. As painful and emotional as that was, the Cardinals have to put their eyes back on the prize or risk seeing the Conference USA title hopes take a step back against a South Florida team just decent enough to pull off the upset. The Bulls are coming off a loss to Army, but this is a traditionally decent program good enough to come up with a big offensive performance is Louisville isn’t mentally there.

Why South Florida might win: The only chance the Bulls have is if Louisville is still thinking about the Miami loss. They were able to play Southern Miss well in a 27-20 loss and beat TCU in overtime, but neither of those teams are Louisville. The defense is currently second in Conference USA in total D allowing 351 yards per game, so if the offense can cut down on the mistakes, this might be closer than UL fans are hoping for.

Why Louisville might win: South Florida isn’t playing that well in any phase. The defense is giving up a ton of points while the offense is generating more turnovers than big plays. USF’s defense isn’t ball-hawking enough to force the mistakes needed to win a road game like this, while the offense doesn’t have nearly enough firepower to hang punch for punch with the loaded Cardinal attack.

Who to watch: Cardinal quarterback Stefan LeFors is back and ready to roll after getting knocked out of the Miami game with a concussion. South Florida needs quarterback Pat Jumiste to be a sharper passer to go along with his running skills. The sophomore was able to run for 90 yards and two touchdowns against Army, but he only completed 10 of 23 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown with an interception. Junior Andre Hall has been the main man in the attack tearing off a 200-yard, two touchdown day against the Black Knights and rushing for 119 yards and three scores against TCU.

What will happen: Louisville will rebound, but South Florida will come through with a few big plays early.

CFN Prediction: Louisville 52 … South Florida 20 ... Line: Louisville -27

Must See Rating: (5 lock yourself in a room to watch - 1 The Biggest Loser) ... 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

another  no compete from the bulls