• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cinci 0-25 on third downs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

So what does this stat mean for tonight's game?

It means they'll go something like 10-10 on third downs against us tonight......this is exactly the kind of thing USF will do on the road. They'll come out flat, show no hunger, and probably have UC knock us out of the BE picture (officially) for second year in a row.

I do hope USF wins tonight.......if we have a chance in this game, here's what we got:

1) UC's QB situation is still up in the air. They'll either have an unexpirienced one out there tonight, or one who's only around 50-60%%.

2) This is a team that beat us last year, there may be a revenge factor that we are overlooking against them. Even Grothe said he was looking forward to this game for about a year now. UC has beaten us for two straight years, and unless you are Syracuse, it's hard as hell to beat a team three years in a row, think Pitt.

3) Their defense has been good on paper, but that has not tranlated onto the football field. I'm not going to research the stats, because it's probably easier for you to find, but UC's D has not been as good as advertised. Ofcourse, the more I think about this, Louisville wasn't supposed to have a good D......

4) We just can't commit as many stupid penalties that cost us the big plays as much as we did last week.......or can we??

5) We just have to win a Thursday night game at some point......just have to. The law of averages require it.

If we come out with a hunger, play SMART so we don't offset our big plays with penalties, and limit the stupid turnovers, we have a chance. Of course, that may be too much to ask for from this team this year.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We will lose this game.

• Content Count:  1,757

I am worried, but it is more the not knowing which one of our teams will show up. I hate that. So inconsistent

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Is USF really inconsistent or are they just not as good as everyone thinks?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

Is there another game we can watch? Clearly this game is already lost

• Content Count:  715

Do not worry, USF is inconsistant, so if they were bad last week, we will be good this week!

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

Is USF really inconsistent or are they just not as good as everyone thinks?

maybe we should all donate more to the program.

that will make our team play better.

• Content Count:  1,894

lol read my mind, this stat is scary lol. Similar to rutgers last year...3rd down is what lost us the game, the inability to stop it. I hope our defense steps up to the plate.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

Do not worry, USF is inconsistant, so if they were bad last week, we will be good this week!

There is that.  This is our week to for the Good Bulls to show up.  But being a Thursday may offset that.

As to the subject.  My prediction is they convert as least one 3rd down and 15 or more - either by play or penalty during the game tonight.  We are also pretty good at letting teams convert 2nd and 27 or 28.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

There is that.  This is our week to for the Good Bulls to show up.  But being a Thursday may offset that.

As to the subject.  My prediction is they convert as least one 3rd down and 15 or more - either by play or penalty during the game tonight.  We are also pretty good at letting teams convert 2nd and 27 or 28.

Is this guy calling the game:

chris-fowler.jpg

We particularly like to **** our pants when the most influential figure in college football is in the house.

Archived