• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Canada Bowl - Worst Case Scenario...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The ESPN bowl projections are Meineke against BC, or Papa John's against Louisiana-Lafayette.  Yech on #2.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

Interesting, MAB, but I'd have to change it up a little bit.

I know....I know.  Just trying to have a little fun.

Partially serious, though, because I really thought we had a shot to attain the Big East's BCS berth...or at worst, the Gator Bowl.

Both are looking VERY unlikely now, and all these other "third-tier" bowls just don't have the appeal they once did.

All I can say is that it's a good thing we had UT-Martin, FIU, UCF, and NC State on the schedule this year.  Those are four AWFUL teams that were key to just getting us bowl eligible.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i thought the PPJ.com bowl had an SEC tie-in now?

Guest nybullsfan

It's because ESPN doesn't believe the SEC will have enough bowl-eligible teams to fill all their slots. (I think PPJ.com picks 10th?)

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's because ESPN doesn't believe the SEC will have enough bowl-eligible teams to fill all their slots. (I think PPJ.com picks 10th?)

I thought it was 9th, but you might be right.  Hopefully Tennessee can get bowl eligible.  Slapping the snot out of Tennessee would be AWESOME parting gift for such a crappy bowl.

I thought it was 9th, but you might be right.  Hopefully Tennessee can get bowl eligible.  Slapping the snot out of Tennessee would be AWESOME parting gift for such a crappy bowl.

It is technically 9th, but when the BCS takes two SEC teams, the 10th bowl eligible team from the SEC will go to B'ham.

Right now Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Arkansas are all 3-5. One of them needs to win 3 games -- and I don't think it will happen:

TN - @ So Carolina, vs Wyoming, at Vandy, vs Kentucky

MS - vs Kentucky, @ Alabama, vs Arkansas, @ Ole Miss

AR - vs Tulsa, @ So Carolina, @ Mississippi St, vs LSU

I don't see any of these teams winning 3 out of 4 games.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  32

You also can not get into Canada with a felony or even a DUI if you have one!

It is technically 9th, but when the BCS takes two SEC teams, the 10th bowl eligible team from the SEC will go to B'ham.

Right now Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Arkansas are all 3-5. One of them needs to win 3 games -- and I don't think it will happen:

Good point, that makes sense on why there's confusion.

As for Tenn, Miss St, and Arkansas winning 3 of four, it's possible. 

I think Tenn has the best chance.  Tenn should beat Wyoming.  They'll probably split the South Carolina and Kentucky games leaving a rivalry game to decide it.

If Tulsa isn't as good as we think Arkansas would a have a chance to beat So Carolina and Miss State.

Miss State has the toughest schedule left, but it's not guaranteed that Alabama will beat them.  It could be a major trap game for Bama.

We'll see.  I hope they get 10 teams with 6 wins.

• Content Count:  4,501

It would be tough but you can always hope.  We may even have a long shot at playing UF in the Sugar Bowl if we win out.

It would be tough but you can always hope.  We may even have a long shot at playing UF in the Sugar Bowl if we win out.

The Orange Bowl has the last selection for the BCS.  You can bet your ass we'd be picked last.  It would be USF vs ACC in the Orange Bowl if we get the miracle season end.

Archived