• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Canada Bowl - Worst Case Scenario...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Well in the event we screw-up and loose the majority of our remaining games everyone that is planning on going to a bowl game should make sure to have a current US Passport otherwise you won't be able to go to the great white north - IF - we get the shaft and end up there that is.

Now before the hecklers and boo-birds come down on me let me say that I don't think that we will end up in Maple Leaf land, just throwing this out there for those that want to have their bases covered.

Personally I think we will end up in either the Pizza Bowl or Orange Juice Bowl... Canada is way too far.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's not a bad idea to get a pass-port just in case, but I don't think there's much of a chance for us to see Canada this winter.

The bottom 3 bowl games work together to select teams from the big east.  I just don't see how the St. Pete bowl and the International bowl would figure it would be more profitable to send USF up north and one of the northern Big East teams down south.

It's not impossible, but I don't see it happening unless we were at the St.Pete bowl the year prior and they are looking for variety.

:2cents

But get a passport regardless.  If you don't go to Canada this winter find an excuse to use your passport somewhere else.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I will not travel to Canada to watch us play some MAC team.

Anyother Bowl and i am in.

I have been to all 3.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I know you don't want to hear it, but I HIGHLY doubt we'll end up playing in the International Bowl.  They will pick a northern team.  Remember, the PPJ, International and St. Pete bowls all pick according to who they think will be the better traveling team for their bowl.  A Florida team in Canada will not happen.

I know you don't want to hear it, but I HIGHLY doubt we'll end up playing in the International Bowl.  They will pick a northern team.  Remember, the PPJ, International and St. Pete bowls all pick according to who they think will be the better traveling team for their bowl.  A Florida team in Canada will not happen.

Listen to Mags, here... she's a smart one.

• Content Count:  1,457

Well in the event we screw-up and loose the majority of our remaining games everyone that is planning on going to a bowl game should make sure to have a current US Passport otherwise you won't be able to go to the great white north - IF - we get the shaft and end up there that is.

Now before the hecklers and boo-birds come down on me let me say that I don't think that we will end up in Maple Leaf land, just throwing this out there for those that want to have their bases covered.

Personally I think we will end up in either the Pizza Bowl or Orange Juice Bowl... Canada is way too far.

both are good runner up bowls - like the Toronto.  Canada is very clean and indoors. The Canadian Dollar is also much weaker (this year) versus the American Dollar.

• Content Count:  2,661

The International Bowl has specifically said they want teams that can drive to the game.

Pittsburgh is 5 hours from Toronto. Cincinnati and Piscataway, NJ are 8.

• Content Count:  2,363

You can still drive into Canada with documentation that proves identity and citizenship, i.e. a photo ID and a birth certificate. But still, as others have said, I don't think that's happening.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Here's my rating scale for the bowl games being discussed in this thread.

It's known as the "Mid-Atlantic-Bull Bowl Game Puke Factor Scale"

Meineke Car Care Bowl:  :throwup2 :throwup2

International Bowl:  :throwup2 :throwup2 :throwup2 :throwup2 :throwup2

St. Pete Bowl:  :throwup2 :throwup2 :throwup2

PapaJohns.com Bowl:  :throwup2 :throwup2 :throwup2 :throwup2

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Interesting, MAB, but I'd have to change it up a little bit.

It's known as the "Mid-Atlantic-Bull Bowl  :KoolAid Game Puke Factor Scale"

Gator Bowl:                    :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup 

Meineke Car Care Bowl:   :thumbsup  :thumbsup

PapaJohns.com Bowl:      :thumbsup

St. Pete Bowl:                 :thumbsup

International Bowl:         :throwup2

At this point in the season I'm not going to be upset about not going to a BCS bowl.  The Gator Bowl is now like the un-attainable holy grail.  It would be nice, but it's not realistic. 

So, I'd be be super happy with another trip to the Muffler bowl. 

I move the Papa John's Bowl up just because of the competition.  I'd be thrilled to play an SEC team.  That would be a lot of fun. SEC teams in the mix I'd like to play: Tennessee, Ole Miss, Vandy.  That would be a great game.

I'd be happy with with the St. Pete bowl from a financial perspective.  On top of that we should win the game handedly.  It wouldn't be an awesome trip.  I actually think the PapaJohn's Bowl would be more fun as we'd get to hang around Birmingham again (I had fun, not sure why so many didn't).

The only bowl I wouldn't be happy about would be the International Bowl.  I'm not sure I'd even go.  I probably would, but there'd be a lot of debate with the wife over cost vs worth for the trip.

Archived