• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Over?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Yes - the season is over. I am back at my hotel in Louisville not happy I made the trip

You're a great fan for making that trip.  There will be other trips much more satisfying.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, it's all over. 

No BE championship, no decent bowl game, no special season and no real respect.  Reset and look to next year at which time we will also disappoint as long as Greg Gregory remains on staff.

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I think they do need to shake something up in the coaching staff for next year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Yes - the season is over. I am back at my hotel in Louisville not happy I made the trip

You're a great fan for making that trip.  There will be other trips much more satisfying.

Thanks - I was 3-0 on road trips this year hoping for the perfect road season. Oh well, you are right other trips WILL be more satisfying!

• Content Count:  349

We dont have the talent and depth to be better than a 9-3 team. You were fooling yourself if you thought we were talented and deep enough to be really special.

If we are healthy and playing our best we could have gone 12-0 but thats hard to achieve. But the reality is we are NOT as talented as the top 10 teams.

We need to keep recruiting bigger and faster players and no our season its not over.

And considering that maybe 1-2 teams a year go undefeated, even with the non-BCS guys that play easier schdules...

We are still in the mix for the Big East and a BCS Bowl game. We knew we would have issues with the defense this year, and that's where the main issues seem to have been. We lost our Mike (granted we did move over a very good LB and had two other good LBs behind him to take his place), we lost two CBs to the draft. We've lost a big big big guy in the middle of the line, and didn't have anyone that could really step up. DT is definately a liability for us, and I have to feel that good DTs would be taking great advantage of the double teaming and extra attention that Selvie is getting.

I'd expect next year to be a stronger team. Hopefully some capable big men will get recruited that can immediately step in and stuff some holes in the middle of that line. The offense will have another year of experience under their belt, and with Grothe being a Senior, hopefully, the offense will be more potent and make up for any deficiencies still in the defense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Yes, the season is over as far as any chance of going to a decent bowl.  This team is in big trouble this year and probably next.  The O-line will be young and inexperienced.  I have no idea what the talent level will be on the O-line but they will be young. 

We are back at the hotel after going to dinner after the game.  While disappointed in the loss, we learned at the Sun Bowl last year not to make these trips JUST for the game.  We enjoyed our trip up here.  Keeping expectations low lessens the crappy feeling after a loss.

Guest BasketBull.

There are games left to be played. It's USF football and it's still much, much better than the summer months.

It's a great relief to have no expectations left. Now, it's just about watching some Bulls football.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  2,478

I think they do need to shake something up in the coaching staff for next year.

Yeah, but sadly thinking this is just like it when we say to keep a RB in the mix for more than a funking 3 plays.  It won't happen.

I would love to be wrong. But highly doubt it.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Nope. 4 more games left and maybe a bowl game.

• Content Count:  3,403

Nope. 4 more games left and maybe a bowl game.

You think we might not go to a bowl game?

Archived