• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not to look ahead....but......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446
  • Days Won:  0

After watching UL last night, I'm very concerned.

Offensively, they were picking UM apart across the middle, something other teams have already exploited against us.  If our defense doesn't step up, I seriously doubt our offense will be able to hang enough points on the board to keep up with them.  

Miami has the best defense in the Nation, and they put 40 on them.

Not to mention the "revenge factor".

You'll probably say I'm nuts, but I'm feeling less optimistic about this one than I was about San Diego State, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama, and South Carolina.

We have a lot of work to do, and only a week to do it....and it starts tomorrow night.

GO BULLS!  

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  36

Not bashing here, but I am not sure why anyone would think USF could hang points on anyone.  Sure TCU was there, but Louisville is a very good team.  I was not in the camp that UM was a top 5 program and Louisville proved that, but UL and UM are both top 15 to top 10 teams.  USF will be lucky to stay in this game by half.

UL would destroy USC.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

How does Louisville get so good so quickly and we have, for the past 2 years, regressed.  Kind of burns me up because just like in Bball, while we dominated L'ville for several years  they have now surpassed us by miles in both sports.  

I know they have the big donors and the name recognition but it just seems like we didn't capatilize on our dominance of these good teams enough to grow to be able to win games versus even better competition.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

How does Louisville get so good so quickly and we have, for the past 2 years, regressed.  Kind of burns me up because just like in Bball, while we dominated L'ville for several years  they have now surpassed us by miles in both sports.  

I know they have the big donors and the name recognition but it just seems like we didn't capatilize on our dominance of these good teams enough to grow to be able to win games versus even better competition.

We've got a young secondary and we got coaches that don't always take advantage of the skills of our players on offense, plus the penalties don't help either.  If we can fix those problems then we can hang with The Ville

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

In BB is is COACHING!!!, in FB more TRADITION and COACHING/RECRUITING.  Also not to mention that they compete with UK for Kentucky FB recruites, where would you rather go:  UL for a sure bowl game or UK for ... well you know another year just ahead of Vanderbilt!!!

Going to the BE will help us in both BB and FB, lots of athletes want to play on the local TV station but go to school in the sunshine.  The northeast is not a hot bed of FB talent but you can at least pull more of the cream from up there while the big three pull the cream in FL.  That will at least help us in a watered down BE!!!

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

How does Louisville get so good so quickly and we have, for the past 2 years, regressed.

We're USF fans and we're griping about OTHER teams getting good quickly? Sheesh, there are schools who haven't had a 5-win season since Jim Leavitt was at Morningside.

UofL has had a great program for decades and we're not going to supplant them overnight. Certainly not in basketball. At least we're on a competitive footing now, and don't have to listen to Denny Crum's ruminations about why we're not worthy to breathe their air.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

We've got a young secondary and we got coaches that don't always take advantage of the skills of our players on offense, plus the penalties don't help either.  If we can fix those problems then we can hang with The Ville

positive vibes from lotsofbull...head to your shelters a cat 10 hurricane is coming

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

beastiebull- very astute point and question

tradition?bull

UL out recruited,out coached,out schemed and out worked the other teams.

that is how you get so good so fast

i am sure coach leavitt wouldn't dispute any of the above

it could be done in any sport

our coaches dropped the ball in not getting a qb

Guest KnightLight
beastiebull- very astute point and question

tradition?bull

UL out recruited,out coached,out schemed and out worked the other teams.

that is how you get so good so fast

i am sure coach leavitt wouldn't dispute any of the above

it could be done in any sport

our coaches dropped the ball in not getting a qb

Smazza is right again this month!

Last sentence says it all:

"our coaches dropped the ball in not getting a qb"

KL

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

should have at least brought in a few that they could developed to be solid and focussed on RB talent then change your scheme accordingly

when you get lemons make lemonaid don't put all your energy into finding a can of sprite