• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A couple of thoughts....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Great to get back and win.  We needed it.  A couple of things that stood out to me that we need fixed ASAP.

1.  We need to stick with 3-4 WR that stay in and play.  We can't keep rotating in 8 or 9 WR's every other play.  Guys can't get into a rythm when they come in and out every other play.

2. Taurus Johnson needs to be on the field the entire game.  There is no reason for him to be on the sideline.  He's our BEST WR without a doubt.

3.  We need to hire a special teams coach.  I thought our return game was so bad today.  As it has been the entire season. 

4.  Our defense needs  to play for the entire game, so whatever the coaches said to them at halftime, needs to be said before the game next week.  Can't allow huge run plays. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4.  Our defense needs  to play for the entire game, so whatever the coaches said to them at halftime, needs to be said before the game next week.  Can't allow huge run plays. 

I think that is more of a scheme adjustment than a mental one.  Our defense is consistently far better n the 3rd quarter than the first.  Burnham make great halftime adjustments.

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Good game. It was really hot, somewhat uncomfortable, but whatever...we blew them out in the 2nd half.

I am sure all those on the board that love to see blowouts couldn't be too sad by the game. Yea. Yea. It wasn't 71-3, but it was a good showing.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Some more thoughts:

Maybe we're getting on track for a nice second half run...the defense picked it up (i also think 'Cuse was beginning to surrender however).  The offense worked mostly with ease.  The running back situation is as confusing as ever as Ben had a great game, Ford got his carries, then Jamar and Richard stole the show towards the end.  Matt had a solid game.

It was great seeing Mompremier out there working hard.  Selvie and McClain looked better. 

I hope the Bulls fans enjoy this Big East conference win today.

I'm ready for next Saturday.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

McClain looked good today, we need big plays from him in big east play.

I wish they gave the ball more to Kelly he is a beast.

Good win bring on UL.

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

Great to get back and win.  We needed it.  A couple of things that stood out to me that we need fixed ASAP.

1.  We need to stick with 3-4 WR that stay in and play.  We can't keep rotating in 8 or 9 WR's every other play.  Guys can't get into a rythm when they come in and out every other play.

2. Taurus Johnson needs to be on the field the entire game.  There is no reason for him to be on the sideline.  He's our BEST WR without a doubt.

these are the same things i think the "critics" on this board have been hollering about all season.

we NEED to narrow down our offensive rotations... not just with the WR, but also the RBs.

athletes need to work themselves into a rhythm/zone.  get the ball into the same guys' hands consistently and they will start doing things with it.

PS - MORE R. KELLY!  i don't think the kid has had a play for negative yardage ALL SEASON.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

these are the same things i think the "critics" on this board have been hollering about all season.

we NEED to narrow down our offensive rotations... not just with the WR, but also the RBs.

athletes need to work themselves into a rhythm/zone.  get the ball into the same guys' hands consistently and they will start doing things with it.

PS - MORE R. KELLY!  i don't think the kid has had a play for negative yardage ALL SEASON.

???

Guest JulmisteForPrez

For the benefit of you guys that were at the game, the TV crew said Coach Gregory told them it's "not his job to make sure these RB's get into a rhythm."

::) ::)

And that is yet ANOTHER reason I know for sure this guy is clueless.

Yeah, coach....if your play calling and lack of gameplanning and lack of knowing where the ball is on the field keeps our guys from being in a rhythm, yes...that is INDEED your fault.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

I didn't hear that comment, but it is not atypical of a coach to say it's not my job to....make free throws...kick field goals...put the jock on correctly...or to pass History 101.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I didn't hear that comment, but it is not atypical of a coach to say it's not my job to....make free throws...kick field goals...put the jock on correctly...or to pass History 101.

True, but that wasn't exactly the way the TV crew made it sound.

It was more of a "I'm just here to call the plays, and the 79 running backs we shuffle in and out need to deal with the fact that we are never going to let one or two of them earn the job."

:chair :computer

Archived