• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A couple of thoughts....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

So the truth comes out, he said "79 running backs"...definitely out of touch.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

we NEED to narrow down our offensive rotations... not just with the WR, but also the RBs.

athletes need to work themselves into a rhythm/zone.  get the ball into the same guys' hands consistently and they will start doing things with it.

For the benefit of you guys that were at the game, the TV crew said Coach Gregory told them it's "not his job to make sure these RB's get into a rhythm."

::) ::)

And that is yet ANOTHER reason I know for sure this guy is clueless.

Yeah, coach....if your play calling and lack of gameplanning and lack of knowing where the ball is on the field keeps our guys from being in a rhythm, yes...that is INDEED your fault.

I don't think Gregory rotates the players, that's up to the individual position coaches.  Maybe he meant its up to the RBs coach to decide how much each one plays.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I don't think Gregory rotates the players, that's up to the individual position coaches.  Maybe he meant its up to the RBs coach to decide how much each one plays.

As the offensive COORDINATOR, don't you think Gregory may have just a wee bit of input on personnel?

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

As the offensive COORDINATOR, don't you think Gregory may have just a wee bit of input on personnel?

RB coach apparently calls the substitutions.

Apparently his logic is..."if a guy does well on a particular drive...take him immediately out on the subsequent possession". We saw it today with B.Williams...then with Mike Ford....later with Jamar Taylor...and even Richard Kelly. I believe that any of those guys are capable of giving us a 100 yard day if we feed them the ball enough. It's almost as if we have a contractual obligation to play each guy every game....I loved the win, but this is the type of foolishness which kills offensive rhythm. Even the blockers need to constantly adjust to each guy's running style....

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Right....you get away with a LOT OF CRAP against Syracuse that you don't against teams like....Pitt.

Or Cincy.

Thankfully, our conference is more geared toward NAIA levels this season.

You remember Plancher taking the ball near the goal line last year?  Ford was hurt and Gregory didn't know  Plancher was in the game.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

You remember Plancher taking the ball near the goal line last year?  Ford was hurt and Gregory didn't know  Plancher was in the game.

Guys...I'm not talking about DURING the game

Gregory's in the box...so he's obviously not going to be making many calls on personnel.

I'm talking about the other SIX days of the week.

Don't you think Gregory has the ability as the one who COORDINATES THE OFFENSE to tell Franks who needs to be getting the carries?

And if not, that needs to change.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think the in-week discussion of the RB rotation goes like this

"Play all the RBs but Mike Padilla and Shawn Cannon.  Oh, and make sure Ben is blocking for Mike Ford on 3rd and 2."

Guys...I'm not talking about DURING the game

Gregory's in the box...so he's obviously not going to be making many calls on personnel.

I'm talking about the other SIX days of the week.

Don't you think Gregory has the ability as the one who COORDINATES THE OFFENSE to tell Franks who needs to be getting the carries?

And if not, that needs to change.

I've heard Leavitt say time and again that the position coaches decide who plays, and when.  It's always seemed odd to me, but that's what he says.  Maybe a former player can shed some light on how they run things.

Archived