• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Expansion Poll

Cow Pie

If the Big East were to expand this offseason by 1 team, which school would you like to add?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The teams get worse as they go down the list...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

None of the above teams add value to the conference as far as prestige.  This year proves we need top teams, not also-rans.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Swipe some moderate acc teams. Give them the shaft they gave the big east.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I didn't select none of the above because we're not going to steal a team from the ACC or SEC.

I picked Troy.  If the Big East does expand, which it wont, I think a southern team is what we need.  I'm too greedy to pick another Florida team, but Troy Alabama is an easil drivable roadie.

• Content Count:  1,260

I didn't select none of the above because we're not going to steal a team from the ACC or SEC.

I picked Troy.  If the Big East does expand, which it wont, I think a southern team is what we need.  I'm too greedy to pick another Florida team, but Troy Alabama is an easil drivable roadie.

I get what you are saying about the southern team...but not sure about the fit with Troy being in the Deep South. At least with Tampa, transportation costs aren't as high for all sports since it is a major city that is easy to travel to/from. The Big East is primarily a Northeastern/TV conference. USF brought something different to the table (TV market/recruiting grounds) that appealed to the member schools in a really hard time.

The other aspect of this is that older member schools care about academic reputation. Does Troy have the research dollars or academics that match up with the rest of the conference? Which of the listed schools has the academics to match up? If the BE is going to survive in the long-run they will probably have to make some sort of exception for someone...but I can't see it happening soon unless another conference forces our hand...

• Content Count:  2,661

What's the difference between "none of the above" and "prefer not to expand"?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What's the difference between "none of the above" and "prefer not to expand"?

None of the above means you want someone other than those listed.  Prefer not to expand means you don't want anyone.

• Content Count:  7,890

Houston because of the size of the TV market

• Content Count:  1,991

Memphis will improve their football team tremendously if they were a member of the Big East. They already have a respect athletic program because of basketball and if the BE ever splits down the road taking ll the basketball only schools out of the conference Memphis would continue to make the Big East a powerhouse in Basketball.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

none

big east is better off doing nothing

Archived