• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This team is really good at letting its fans down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I never expected a perfect season, I however didn't expect a home loss against the Pitties.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

This team, by virtue of its fans, was in a no-win situation.

At 5-0, most expected them to go 12-0, or at least 11-0 heading into Morgantown.

This was a bad situation as fans' expectations dwarfed the reality of college football.

Anything less than running the table would be a disappointment to our current fan base.  I'm not being a smartmouth, I'm just telling you what I see.  Had we beat Pitt and then dropped any of the next five, the emotion and sentiment would be the same as it is today - maybe worse.

We needed to go undefeated to keep everyone pleased.  Tall order.

While it is a tall order, it must be said that we were/are going to be favored in every one of our first 11 games.  Furthermore, the pitt line opened with us playing at home giving 13 . . . . . a choke job, pure and simple.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Call it what you will, but there are several teams that are favored to win that don't - like USC and Georgia.  On any given Saturday....an upset can occur.  There will be more.  Prepare to deal with it.  We will not win every game we are "favored" to win, nor will we lose every game we are "favored" to lose.

• Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

Call it what you will, but there are several teams that are favored to win that don't - like USC and Georgia.  On any given Saturday....an upset can occur.  There will be more.  Prepare to deal with it.  We will not win every game we are "favored" to win, nor will we lose every game we are "favored" to lose.

It'd be nice to not have ignored the warning signs right in front of us in the UCF/FIU/KU games though.

If Leavitt stays with Gregory because he manages to get a lot of yards on average, we'll continue to have offensive issues. Gregory does not know how to adjust well, lacks a vision, does not utilize the roster correctly (uh, Ford? Where's Taurus Johnson?), and has poor management in critical situations.

But, in general he'll get us to score in a couple of minutes and make his stats look pretty, only to let any team we face back in with his dumb playcalling later in the game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

This team is also good at winning games it should not and bringing me untold happiness. 

so you would rather this to continue to happen instead of the bulls playing like the favorite?

these team doesnt play with any swagger

Or too much possibly?

It'd be nice to not have ignored the warning signs right in front of us in the UCF/FIU/KU games though.

I agree. 

I'm just saying that as a fan base, it's not truly the end of the world as we know it.  Mistakes were made, they can not be undone.  They can, however, be addressed going forward.  Should they have already been addressed?  Yes, in some cases.

I think the discussion here is good.  I also saw the weaknesses early on.  Specifically in our secondary.  Because of that, I had no expectations that we would run the table.  And after watching the first quarter and 3 minutes of second half, I had a feeling we would lose.  There was a lot of game left, but it was pretty clear we were going to be in trouble.

The coaches have a lot to correct and thankfully they have another 14 days to do so.  If we see the same problems in two weeks, then I would expect the criticism to intensify.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

the 'cuse is a great elixer.

the 'cuse is a great elixer.

Let's hope so.  People were talking about kicking in the teeth of Pitt.  I think we should be more aware of the inconsistencies illustrated and even as fans take nothign for granted.

Look at FIU, UCiF and now Pitt.  All games where we were out of rhythm and more.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Has it occurred to anyone that this team has possibly overachieved by going 14-5 last season and this?  A team 12 years in, and playing in a major conference.  The juniors and seniors on this team are largely two star recruits, if they were rated at all.  When the current freshman class are juniors and seniors, we can maybe be slightly disappointed at not running the table.  USC gets the best recruits on the planet, and they lost a game.

Compare our last five recruiting classes to those of FSU and Miami, and tell me which program has been successful this year and last.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

the talent is there and it's getting better.  discipline and consistency are the intangibles we need to improve on, and that's coaching.

Agree! So I would say it is the coaches letting the fans down more than the team!

Archived