• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This team is really good at letting its fans down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

SHUT UP!  EVERY team is prone to LETDOWNS!  Look at UF v. OleMiss!  The ONLY reason you are complaining is that last year we rose to #2 and were out done in 3 games.  USF has only let you down because you are expecting perfection!  Yes, losing to Pitt was a somewhat of a let-down but we still have 6 games left. 

I have been at USF for 3.5 seasons and EVERY season the team gets better. 

2005 Season- (6-6)  First Year in BE and First EVER bowl game!  Defeated a top 10 team (UL)

2006 Season- (Not sure)  Defeated #7 WVU and First BOWL WIN EVER.  Grothe named BE freshman of the year

2007 Season- (9-3) Nationally RANKED #2 after 6-0 start.  BIG victory over a powerful AU team and 2nd embarassment of WVU and their 2 heisman candidates in a 5 game span.  Shut down one of the nation's biggest runners (smith). Produced USF's First EVER 1st round NFL Draft Pick.

So Far 2008- 5-1 Start.  First time Nationally ranked in the PRESEASON.  Defeated KU.  Avenged the ONLY shut out in our history (with several of our defensive starters out).  Pocket passing developed with a stronger O-line and a more patient and mature Grothe.  8 runners and over 10 WR's hit.

And that is all I could come up with in 5 minutes w/o fact checking and researching!  Yes our coaching and play calling could be better seeing as we did not beat any of our spreads against UCF or FIU, but it's not just them, the players have to step up too, especially on Defense.  They have done an outstanding job seeing as they are an undersized,yet quick, defense.  They just need another lieutenant to step up and take charge in the secondary.

We have a growing program and the best is yet to come. 

They are my team and always will be.

GO B  ~U~ LLS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

relax man..1 game is all it is...we play 6 more...still lots to be excited about...I know I am

Lots to be excited about?  Like what?  Playing a bowl game in birmingham or st. pete?

This team, by virtue of its fans, was in a no-win situation.

At 5-0, most expected them to go 12-0, or at least 11-0 heading into Morgantown.

This was a bad situation as fans' expectations dwarfed the reality of college football.

Anything less than running the table would be a disappointment to our current fan base.  I'm not being a smartmouth, I'm just telling you what I see.  Had we beat Pitt and then dropped any of the next five, the emotion and sentiment would be the same as it is today - maybe worse.

We needed to go undefeated to keep everyone pleased.  Tall order.

It's not so much that they lost.  It's how they lost.  Beating themselves with penalties and not giving mike ford carries until the 4th quarter.

• Content Count:  760

SHUT UP!  EVERY team is prone to LETDOWNS!  Look at UF v. OleMiss!  The ONLY reason you are complaining is that last year we rose to #2 and were out done in 3 games.  USF has only let you down because you are expecting perfection!  Yes, losing to Pitt was a somewhat of a let-down but we still have 6 games left. 

I have been at USF for 3.5 seasons and EVERY season the team gets better. 

2005 Season- (6-6)  First Year in BE and First EVER bowl game!  Defeated a top 10 team (UL)

2006 Season- (Not sure)  Defeated #7 WVU and First BOWL WIN EVER.  Grothe named BE freshman of the year

2007 Season- (9-3) Nationally RANKED #2 after 6-0 start.  BIG victory over a powerful AU team and 2nd embarassment of WVU and their 2 heisman candidates in a 5 game span.  Shut down one of the nation's biggest runners (smith). Produced USF's First EVER 1st round NFL Draft Pick.

So Far 2008- 5-1 Start.  First time Nationally ranked in the PRESEASON.  Defeated KU.  Avenged the ONLY shut out in our history (with several of our defensive starters out).  Pocket passing developed with a stronger O-line and a more patient and mature Grothe.  8 runners and over 10 WR's hit.

And that is all I could come up with in 5 minutes w/o fact checking and researching!  Yes our coaching and play calling could be better seeing as we did not beat any of our spreads against UCF or FIU, but it's not just them, the players have to step up too, especially on Defense.  They have done an outstanding job seeing as they are an undersized,yet quick, defense.  They just need another lieutenant to step up and take charge in the secondary.

We have a growing program and the best is yet to come. 

They are my team and always will be.

GO B  ~U~ LLS

All that is well and dandy...but why should we be content?

God forbid we hold our team to a higher standard after seeing what they are capable of. I bet you the coaches do. Everyone should be disappointed and not try to use our recent success or age of the program as a crutch because none of that means anyhing this season.

Has it occurred to anyone that this team has possibly overachieved by going 14-5 last season and this?  A team 12 years in, and playing in a major conference.  The juniors and seniors on this team are largely two star recruits, if they were rated at all.  When the current freshman class are juniors and seniors, we can maybe be slightly disappointed at not running the table.  USC gets the best recruits on the planet, and they lost a game.

Compare our last five recruiting classes to those of FSU and Miami, and tell me which program has been successful this year and last.

Maybe, but now that they've shown what they can do, we expect them to win games over inferior teams.  It just shows that they either can't get siked up for these teams or they just won't.  It would be different if the bulls didn't have good enough players but they've shown that that is not the case.

I'm sure they'll blow out syracuse but then look for them to play down to louisville.  We played down to fiu, then came out on fire against nc state, then took a week off against armPitt.

The problem with this is that the big east championship is not happening...AGAIN.

Say we go 5-1 to finish the season.  Then, Pitt would have to lose 3 against the crappy big east - not happening.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

The problem with this is that the big east championship is not happening...AGAIN.

Say we go 5-1 to finish the season.  Then, Pitt would have to lose 3 against the crappy big east - not happening.

Pitt has talent and they're actually playing up to potential, but i don't see them coming out of their schedule against WVU, Cinci and UConn unscathed.

we can still win out the rest of the season and get the BEast championship.  the odds are against us, but it's not impossible.

• Content Count:  4,879

Has it occurred to anyone that this team has possibly overachieved by going 14-5 last season and this?  A team 12 years in, and playing in a major conference.  The juniors and seniors on this team are largely two star recruits, if they were rated at all.  When the current freshman class are juniors and seniors, we can maybe be slightly disappointed at not running the table.  USC gets the best recruits on the planet, and they lost a game.

Compare our last five recruiting classes to those of FSU and Miami, and tell me which program has been successful this year and last.

a voice of reason here. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Maybe, but now that they've shown what they can do, we expect them to win games over inferior teams.  It just shows that they either can't get siked up for these teams or they just won't.  It would be different if the bulls didn't have good enough players but they've shown that that is not the case.

I'm sure they'll blow out syracuse but then look for them to play down to louisville.  We played down to fiu, then came out on fire against nc state, then took a week off against armPitt.

The thing is, we aren't hugely superior to Pitt.  In fact, they may even have more talent than us, though we actually win more consistently.  A team can only play their best game of the season one time.  If we are at 90% against Pitt and they are at 100%, they win.  Florida can be at 80% against a 100% Pitt and still win, because they have more talent than us.

We are a very good team, a Top 25 team.  There is still another big jump from here to consistent Top5 team.  We can get there, but not overnight.

In the meantime, be glad we aren't Syracuse!

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

One loss...it's just one loss.  The same concerns are there as before it; they've just been focused a little more.  But we can still win out from here and easily win the BE title if we do.  Have faith!!

Archived