• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anyone tape the game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

There's a play that's been driving me nuts, and for some reason I for the life of me can't figure out what happened.

I believe it was the second to last possession for the Bulls when Grothe took a sack.  On the replay it showed three Pitt defenders rushing untouched by our lineman. 

I hate to go all Tinfoil hat, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the linemen didn't block one of these guys, I can see missing an assignment and one sneaking by but these guys wern't even chipped .. all three of our linemen seemed to run forward and curl around... maybe a broken play? 

I'm just baffled as to what really happened there.  ???

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Yes...I taped it.

Then I put the DVD through a shredder, put the tiny pieces of DVD in my dog's food, then burned his poop.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

What is this "tape" thing you speak of?

I think Eats It usually creates dvd's of all the games if you're really that interested in it.  Not sure I'd want to relive this game though.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Yes...I taped it.

Then I put the DVD through a shredder, put the tiny pieces of DVD in my dog's food, then burned his poop.

Lol

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

There's a play that's been driving me nuts, and for some reason I for the life of me can't figure out what happened.

I believe it was the second to last possession for the Bulls when Grothe took a sack.  On the replay it showed three Pitt defenders rushing untouched by our lineman. 

I hate to go all Tinfoil hat, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the linemen didn't block one of these guys, I can see missing an assignment and one sneaking by but these guys wern't even chipped .. all three of our linemen seemed to run forward and curl around... maybe a broken play? 

I'm just baffled as to what really happened there.  ???

I was wondering the same f-in thing. I don't know if it was a blown up screen or what, but it was like Matt looked up and there was like 5 Pitt guys with no blockers in sight ???

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Why would I want to put myself through that again? I don't need to see a replay to know the line was not protecting Matt well. He rarely threw out of the pocket, because it was collapsing on him constantly.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It looked like a screen.  The d-line was fooled perfectly.  Our entire o-line has ready to hit the secondary.  We were 5 wide.  Grothe looked to his left.  One of the guys out there must have screwed up.  A receiver was probably supposed to crash down inside to catch the screen.  Grothe looked and no receiver was there.  He rolled right, but it was a designed screen so all the receivers on the right were running deep to get their man down field.

It was a blown assignment by the receivers.  Could have been a big play considering it was set up well.

Archived