• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Field Looks Awesome

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

I'm inside RJS right now and the field looks really good for tonight's game. With the Bucs out of town this weekend, the end zones are painted "BULLS" and the iconic U is at midfield (by itself ... not with that goofy all-white flag underneath it). The buliding is going to show really nice on TV.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Awesome.  Should make for a nice presentation to the nation tonight.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Great News! 

About that goofy flag, I have an idea...

Is there any way we could have a transplant-able sod growing that we could keep OUR logo on?  And the same for the Endzones?

I have heard the reason that TSA won't always paint for us is because of the cost to do so overnight (~$30k) and the fact that our logo wouldn't fade over night.

Is there any way we could do something like that?  Have two sets of transplant-able endzones and 50 yd-line logos?  I know there would be cost in maintaining them both, and having a feasible place to store the ones not in use, but it would be a great way to have RJS feel more like it is our home too.

The only other possible way would be to have an artificial outdoor turf similar to what USM has in "The Rock" with a bucs set and a bulls set.  That would take away from need to have a place for the grass to grow while not in the stadium.

Just some thoughts...

• Content Count:  7,693

Bout time, maybe some one drugged the Glaizers  ;D

• Content Count:  637

I know there would be cost in maintaining them both, and having a feasible place to store the ones not in use, but it would be a great way to have RJS feel more like it is our home too.

That's the thing, it's not.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm inside RJS right now and the field looks really good for tonight's game. With the Bucs out of town this weekend, the end zones are painted "BULLS" and the iconic U is at midfield (by itself ... not with that goofy all-white flag underneath it). The buliding is going to show really nice on TV.

I remember only ONE Game a couple of years ago where the white outline was painted green like the grass and it looked MUCH better. I don't know why they didn't continue doing that. They must have used some kind of water based green paint because the Bucs played the next day.

• Content Count:  260

Was it just me, or did anyone else like the way the endzones were painted for the Kansas game?  I thought it looked really clean with the endzones empty except the iconic U in the corner.  I always felt they painted "BULLS" way too big.

Whatever, I don't really care that much as long as we win!

• Content Count:  818

here's a crazy idea... instead of having growing grass that is transplanted what if mid field and all (or parts) of the endzones were replaced with field turf.  you could have two permanently painted schemes...one "set" for Bulls games and one "set" for Bucs games.

• Content Count:  21,114
  • Days Won:  39

Yay!  I also liked the compromise they came up with for the Friday game where they put little iconic U's in the endzones where the Bucs pirate ship went.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Yay!  I <3 the iconic U!

Archived