• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gonna catch hell for this... but one small negative...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Some of those could've called a fair catch they were so wide open  >:(

:chair

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The only small quibble I had with the offense was that on 3rd and goal from the 1, I don't think BBQ is the right RB to have in the game for a handoff.

You need to have Richard Kelly in on those plays.  Every time he gets the ball he has at least 6 yards of forward movement.  If Mike is "Ford Tough", Kelly is a locomotive.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We were playing to stop the run (9 rush yards allowed?).  We had the safties up close most of the night.

I imagine the defensive scheme was to make Beck throw to give them a chance.  Guess what? We don't have Mike and Trea this year.  I'm sure they'll iron it out, but most of the deep passes were lofty jump ball throws to WIDE OPEN recievers.  I'm sure they'll figure out what happened allowing recievers to get that open.  while reviewing the tape they'll correct it.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think having Selvie back will help. Also saw T-Mac's numbers go down because of the move I think. He's still a beast, but hopefully Brouce will be back for Cuse or shortly after.

The gripe that I have is holding on to the football. Taylor almost lost a big fumble on the first drive. Especially early in the game, we can't do that, it would have been a big momentum shift.

Overall though, very happy with the outcome.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We were playing to stop the run (9 rush yards allowed?).  We had the safties up close most of the night.

I imagine the defensive scheme was to make Beck throw to give them a chance.  Guess what? We don't have Mike and Trea this year.  I'm sure they'll iron it out, but most of the deep passes were lofty jump ball throws to WIDE OPEN recievers.  I'm sure they'll figure out what happened allowing recievers to get that open.  while reviewing the tape they'll correct it.

What appeared to be happening is our safeties aren't getting deep enough in pass defense.

Another pet peeve I have is our DEs don't contain, they crash down on every play.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's a legit negative and I've said all along that our pass coverage has not been spectacular.

Hate to see a negative after such a shelllacking but it is what it is. 

yeah but if you watched the game 4-5 of those passes were broken play, throwing it up type of stuff.  Very little of those deep throws were perfectly executed passes/plays.  Not at all worried about it.

• Content Count:  637

The gripe that I have is holding on to the football. Taylor almost lost a big fumble on the first drive. Especially early in the game, we can't do that, it would have been a big momentum shift.

Yeah. I thought to myself "here we go again" referencing the FIU game and early fumbles.

Thankfully, that was it.

on a side note, Selvie didn't play at all.

Buie and them were chasing Beck around all night, but not having Selvie created lapses in pressure so when Beck had time he launched some bombs.

Heck what was more impressive was McClain didn't play either (like Selvie he's just a little banged up and could have played like Selvie if this was a conference foe).  McClain has been arguably the most disruptive force along the DL this year, obviously Selvie is if teams weren't throwing everything including the kitchen sink at him, which is why McClain has been tearing up the single team.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yeah. I thought to myself "here we go again" referencing the FIU game and early fumbles.

Thankfully, that was it.

With the weather the way it was, I expected more fumbles.  I think the guys did a great job holding on to the ball.

we missed Selvie.  Those long bombs-almost all were after way too much time in the pocket

actually three were from extreme roll outs and were nearly broken plays.  All three Buie tatooed Beck just as he released the ball.

Archived