• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do we miss Dan Carney ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I think we do.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think we iss him at all.  The defense has been better against the run so.  Also, as has been pointed out.  Not a whole lot you are going to be able to do reach the QB when they are running quick three step drops or letting sucking the lineman in and dropping a screen or shovel pass to a RB.

The thing I was most impressed with Reesing was his ability to just do enough to buy time to not only get the ball off, but then find the best matchup or the soft spot almost every time.  You won't see that in a QB we play the rest of the year.  He was by far the smartst QB we will face.

Take a look at our defense.  With the exception of KU, the yardage has come when we have had the backups in. 

The forced fumbles will happen.  Our DBs are bigger hitters than we had with Trae and Jenkins.

One other to consider, our offense has been doing a much better job of driving down the field and keeping the ball.  We may actually be on defense for a lot less plays than ever before so far this season.  We had a lot of 3 and outs in vs. UTM, UCF and FIU.  We may not be getting as many plays run against us to even have a chance at creating turnovers.  Can't get turnovers when you are on offense.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think we iss him at all.  The defense has been better against the run  ??? so.  Also, as has been pointed out.  Not a whole lot you are going to be able to do reach the QB when they are running quick three step drops or letting sucking the lineman in and dropping a screen or shovel pass to a RB.

The thing I was most impressed with Reesing was his ability to just do enough to buy time to not only get the ball off, but then find the best matchup or the soft spot almost every time.  You won't see that in a QB we play the rest of the year.  He was by far the smartst QB we will face.

Take a look at our defense.  With the exception of KU, the yardage has come when we have had the backups in. 

The forced fumbles will happen.  Our DBs are bigger hitters than we had with Trae and Jenkins.

One other to consider, our offense has been doing a much better job of driving down the field and keeping the ball.  We may actually be on defense for a lot less plays than ever before so far this season.  We had a lot of 3 and outs in vs. UTM, UCF and FIU.  We may not be getting as many plays run against us to even have a chance at creating turnovers.  Can't get turnovers when you are on offense.

What team have we played so far that is any good with running the ball? Just saying....

• Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

I just don't like seeing him on the sidelines for the ole U of F.

Archived