• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

POSITIVE fan stories from Friday's game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

My only encounter was after the game in the parking lot. I parked near the giant Bucs flag and while sitting in my car drinking a beer (don't flip out, i wasn't driving) I told the KU fan that parked next to me "Good game." He scoffed and turned away. It was a sincere comment. I consider it a positive experience.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

We were talking to some Kansas fans during tailgate. Hell we even did some Coal swapping

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

didn't have much interaction with their fans but the little I did have:

offered to help some confused looking KU fans find where they were headed, they were just waiting for someone to meet them with their tickets

walked through an area that was nothing but KU fans but was on a mission not paying too much attention other than excusing myself as I passed through the crowd

happened to walk by coach mangino earlier in the day...recognized him pretty easily and wished him luck in the game, he thanked me (though with what I've read on these boards with our treatment I'm amazed I'm not being accused of threatening him or cursing him out ::))

in all seriousness the interactions I did witness were positive, minus a few hard blows exchanged, but those were all between guys in pads on the field! I hope that in the wake of the backlash those KU fans that did have a good experience speak up as well!

• Content Count:  1,387

BigBullyUSF, I think you should take someone's advice from another thread and go into politics! The more some of these negative threads go on and everything get's blown out of proportion, the more I agree with you! Just thought you would like to know.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

BigBullyUSF, I think you should take someone's advice from another thread and go into politics! The more some of these negative threads go on and everything get's blown out of proportion, the more I agree with you! Just thought you would like to know.

LOL.  i'll be running for Dog Catcher in 2012.  be sure to vote for me.

;)

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary and we were in the stadium until they threw us out.

• Content Count:  3,403

I saw no issues myself.  Brett's lovely anecdotes have propelled him to appear on the ESPN big east blog, though, so good for him.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I've posted the story before but it is worth repeating:

I took my best friend and the godfather of my son, a KU grad and his son who live in Tampa.  We tailgated with a girl who wore a KU tank top (her being a UF grad but her grandfather was a KU grad).  We tailgated and partied without incident.  Many people were complimentary to my friend (he being in KU gear along with his son).  A group of four Kansas fans passed by our tailgate on the way in, I say hey guys and offered them a roadie.  After my hey guys, they looked up like deer in the headlights and passed on our beers.  I gave them a Rock, Chalk, they Rock, Chalked back and we followed them to the stadium.  Other than them being a bit standoffish, no derogatories all the way to the stadium for anyone.

In the stadium, my friend and I were all over the place and had another group of three KU fans behind us.  Nothing - I repeat nothing!  I checked with my buddy after I read all the complaints to see if at any point (he did roam alot without me and we got separated on the way back to the parking lot after the game).  He said, other than my son calling him a Gayhawk, everyone was nice and complimented about the team to him.  I specifically asked him about anyone even yelling negatives and he said nada.  He loved the game, loved the atmosphere and wants to attend more USF games. 

I talked with him last night, since yesterday I had him check with the girl who had the KU tank top on (girlfriend of another friend) how their night went.  They felt the same way he did - great game, great comradarie, lets do more.

While I don't doubt there were some instances of unruly fans and we need to get on those unruly ones unmercilessly, the fact is that I think some hypersensitivity is at play here. I'm sure it hurts that KU lost and considerable expense may have been made for what they thought would be a better outcome, but the over-the-top Duemig style bashing of the USF fan base is extreme.

In summary:  POSITIVE-POSITIVE - two KU fans I was with want to come to more games and they will bring family and friends.  Oh, and I think USF is getting some undue bad press.  P.S. Duemig sucks a$$  ;D

• Content Count:  1,297

had one kansas fan at our tailgate.  he was a friend of my brother.  we shared food, beers, and talked about the game and how both programs have come a long way and who close of a game it's really going to be.  of course there was some good natured ribbing, but i mean come on, i'm not  going to hold hands with the guy and skip to the stadium.

• Content Count:  2,567

ya see-- you get some UCF troll to post some BS long post about how they (posing as a KU fan) were just so destroyed by our fans-- and the media reads that as FACT. Don't bother checking those facts. Maybe they did and found someone with a huge problem.

But how come the several thousand of people on this site and the stands have not said similar problems existed.

Did Matt Grothe witness the cheerleader abuse personally? OK-- that was one or two nutjobs acting like ******** to their cheerleaders. Did the old retire couple ever really exist? I am starting to DISBELIEVE all of this **** and starting to BELIEVE that we are getting the same old negative slant nonsense that sells papers and lines bird cages.

I've been asking these same questions (mostly to myself) since the first thread was posted about it.

Archived