• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

POSITIVE fan stories from Friday's game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

Bulls fans, please feel free to share your positive stories tailgating and chatting with our visitors from Kansas at last Friday's game.

:)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,198

I talked to KU fan on the way out of the stadium, told him he had a great team and goodluck and beat OU later in the year.

He was a cool guy, hopefully thats one good memory a KU fan had of a USF fan ha

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

We had a pair of Kansas fans at our tailgate who were friends with my buddy's neighbor. Never had a problem, friendly banter back and forth throughout the afternoon.

• Content Count:  5,240

I made out with the girl behind me at the game.

was she a Kansas fan?  cuz you might get charged for assault at the rate things are going...

:D

i kid, i kid...

anyways...

after the game there was a lone Kansas fan sitting a few rows up in Section 126... a middle-aged guy, he looked disappointed, but not too down or suicidal.

i walked up into the stands and shook his hand and told him football games don't get much better than that.

then i reminded him how the 'Hawks whipped our asses back in 2006, and this was only payback.

he agreed, and expressed his desire to have us come back to Kansas so they could redeem themselves again.

cool guy.

i'll share more stories as the thread progresses.

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Met two random KU fans in the Mall lot... They were kind of isolated and nobody was talk'n to them, so I offered them a couple beers. Good times.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

The only encounter I had with anyone affiliated with KU was with their cheerleaders. Passed them on the way back to my car as they were waiting for a ride or something between lot 7 and 8. Told them good game and good luck and they said the same back. That's it for me.

• Content Count:  17

I've shared it a few times in some of the other threads, but I'll do it again.  I went to the game with a bunch of friends from work and sat in section 329, which was the Kansas section.  Four of the people I went with were Kansas fans.  We had a good time, I shared some friendly trash talk with a group of Kansas fans sitting in front of us, and everything was cool.  I walked out a different way than my Kansas fan friends (I walked out via the student section and only heard U-S-F chants), so after I read all the horror stories, I asked them what happened with them.  They walked out in two groups of two, and both groups had good experiences walking out.  One group had nothing happen (one guy yelled "Kansas sucks!," but they are smart enough to recognize that one guy yelling that doesn't mean an entire fan base is evil) and another group was approached by some USF fans who talked to them about how good the game was and how good Reesing was, etc, said it was  a great experience.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I walked with a Kansas couple on the way out of the stadium. The usual talk about the game, have a safe drive, etc etc stuff. I wont disagree that there were bad apples at the game, but I personally didnt see anything that was inappropriate.

• Content Count:  12,293

in section 115 there was an older couple (probably mid 50s) and they were both wearing blue kansas shirts.  well my friend (who by the way was drinking but just because you are drinking doesnt mean you are going to  be an a-hole)  anyways...when this couple was going in front of us looking for their seats they asked us what section it was.  we joked with them that it was a section no kansas fans were allowed to sit in.  they could tell we were joking and laughed.  we told them it was 115 and my friend said to the lady 'dont worry you look way too nice to give you a hard time' and she smiled and said 'thank you, ill tell you, all the fans have been so nice to us'

and the couple was only sitting 1 run in front of us and maybe 10 seats over.  they never ONCE had anyone in their face, throwing things at them, etc.

they stayed until the end, said good game, and joked that atleast the beach will be sunny tomorrow.

Archived