• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 3 things to be PO'd at from Kansas Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

taures is not nearly quick enough to return

Get either AJ Love or a DB in there for PR....I'm OK with a little juking here and there to avoid the tackle, but we need someone willing to go North/South on the field 95% of the time.  Plus we need someone with cold-start ability to just blow by the first wave of the kicking team.

Jerome Murphy and Theo Wilson should be back there. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad I'm no longer in the student section for the simple fact I can't hear HOT where I am now. They play the same 4 songs over and over. Our band is not good and I have never liked them.

Ksquire, I understand that you are entitled to your own opinions.  However let me ask you WHY you feel this way about HOT. 

All they have done is support our team through the best and worst times, grown into a mature unit of much bigger proportions, and represented this University with respect whenever going on road trips/side gigs. 

I have seen/taught MANY marching bands.  Hell, I am pretty much in a professional one.  And all I have to say is shame on you. 

I understand that there are MANY things that HOT needs to iron out.  some of their song selections are mediocre at best.  But for the most part they are spot on.  Downs cheers are one of the staples of college football.  You go hear the biggest teams(LSU's,USC's) and the best bands(LSU's,USC's, but HOT is not far off, BTW.) and you will hear the SAME SONGS over and OVER again after 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even the opposing teams 4th down representing a defensive stop.  ITS WHAT COLLEGE MARCHING BANDS DO!!!

Its quite possibly the biggest obligation of the band DURING THE ENTIRE GAME!!!

So dont come on here and tell the band that they are TOO LOUD on OFFENSE!!!

This is not the pros...we are not EVER, EVER EVER going to be able to "quiet" the crowd on offense.  It might be a little softer than when the opponent is on offense though. for sure...

Many of the comments on this board are very ignorant to what the College football experience is.  AND believe me...I have attended quite a few college games @Death Valley, @The Swamp, @The Orange Bowl(when UM was good), @Georgia Dome...etc.

Band PLAY for the offenses downs...THAT HOW IT WORKS.

If you don't like the band...tuff!  Its college ball and the Band is just as important as the cheerleaders/mascot.  Except EVEN MORE...the band brings us together through music.  Music that no other schools play...which is the common bond we all share when we all yell "GO BULLS" together.  Or wave our bull hands in the air for "The BULL" cheer. 

Ksquire, I ask you this...if there is something you want our band to be.  Let me know...I would really like to know. 

I am not mad...just interested as to why you do not like the "Pride of the Bay" HOT Marching Band.

Take Care everyone and GO BULLS!!!

I would just like them to be a little more entertaining. I can't remember one time I sat during half time and paid attention to the show. You say all these bands do the same thing. How about we break being conventional and do something different. I just haven't seen anything that sets HOT apart from other bands. They certainly aren't the worst I've seen, but far from great. Perhaps that is because they don't have the numbers, the right play list, I'm not sure. I just don't see the IT factor

Also, if you look back at my post I was not the one who was complaining about the down songs, so before you go off on me about that you better make sure I said it. So no TrumpetBeast I wasn't "pwned" (God I hate that stupid computer lingo).

• Content Count:  118

My gripes...

1) poor tackling...we had this issue last year against Rutgirls

2) allowing the opposition to convert 3rd and 20+...we had this issue throughout last year (starting with the West Virginia game)

3) giving up a late 14 point lead twice in two weeks

That being said, I was happy to see our defense change up coming out of halftime.

• Content Count:  1,757

I'm glad I'm no longer in the student section for the simple fact I can't hear HOT where I am now. They play the same 4 songs over and over. Our band is not good and I have never liked them.

Ksquire, I understand that you are entitled to your own opinions.  However let me ask you WHY you feel this way about HOT. 

All they have done is support our team through the best and worst times, grown into a mature unit of much bigger proportions, and represented this University with respect whenever going on road trips/side gigs. 

I have seen/taught MANY marching bands.  Hell, I am pretty much in a professional one.  And all I have to say is shame on you. 

I understand that there are MANY things that HOT needs to iron out.  some of their song selections are mediocre at best.  But for the most part they are spot on.  Downs cheers are one of the staples of college football.  You go hear the biggest teams(LSU's,USC's) and the best bands(LSU's,USC's, but HOT is not far off, BTW.) and you will hear the SAME SONGS over and OVER again after 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even the opposing teams 4th down representing a defensive stop.  ITS WHAT COLLEGE MARCHING BANDS DO!!!

Its quite possibly the biggest obligation of the band DURING THE ENTIRE GAME!!!

So dont come on here and tell the band that they are TOO LOUD on OFFENSE!!!

This is not the pros...we are not EVER, EVER EVER going to be able to "quiet" the crowd on offense.  It might be a little softer than when the opponent is on offense though. for sure...

Many of the comments on this board are very ignorant to what the College football experience is.  AND believe me...I have attended quite a few college games @Death Valley, @The Swamp, @The Orange Bowl(when UM was good), @Georgia Dome...etc.

Band PLAY for the offenses downs...THAT HOW IT WORKS.

If you don't like the band...tuff!  Its college ball and the Band is just as important as the cheerleaders/mascot.  Except EVEN MORE...the band brings us together through music.  Music that no other schools play...which is the common bond we all share when we all yell "GO BULLS" together.  Or wave our bull hands in the air for "The BULL" cheer. 

Ksquire, I ask you this...if there is something you want our band to be.  Let me know...I would really like to know. 

I am not mad...just interested as to why you do not like the "Pride of the Bay" HOT Marching Band.

Take Care everyone and GO BULLS!!!

I've attended quite a few college games in my life, some a decade before there was even a HOT.  Let me say, the Marching Chiefs at FSU or the Sunshine Blowers in Gainseville learned a very good lesson... in crunch time, when the team is in the no huddle, you don't have a lot of time to play your silly little songs.  If you miss that window ...(ie the QB is up to the line) wait until the next down.  You'd NEVER EVER EVER (no matter HOW BIG you decide to make your fonts) hear them playing their songs when the QB is up making calls at the line.  HOT did several times on Friday night.  If there is any ignorance here, it was with your director(s) or drum majors as to what was happening in the game! 

As far as HOT goes,  I love them, hell they sound great.  It's their timing (and ability to take criticism on the chat boards) that needs work! 

• Content Count:  3,403

I've been to a few FSU games, and their fans cheer on offense a lot.  You'd think they'd know better there.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

my 3:

1.  not seeing anything in the game til 3rd quarter (though I didn't miss much)

2. the scoreboard issues + the students trying to get people loud on offense

3. my friends banishing me when I went to see them cause KU started driving on us

I guess 3 I can't blame them for, but still! talk about a lack of love 

Archived