• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 3 things to be PO'd at from Kansas Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I missed people throwing paper airplanes that infuriates me, but we sure has enough of them at the Sun Bowl, my son kept yelling about it then

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

One other thing. The a-holes that insist on throwing paper airplanes with the marketing crap that was on the seats.

Jay

Yeah i saw a dude almost take one of those to the eyeball.  No bueno

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad I'm no longer in the student section for the simple fact I can't hear HOT where I am now. They play the same 4 songs over and over. Our band is not good and I have never liked them.

Ksquire, I understand that you are entitled to your own opinions.  However let me ask you WHY you feel this way about HOT. 

All they have done is support our team through the best and worst times, grown into a mature unit of much bigger proportions, and represented this University with respect whenever going on road trips/side gigs. 

I have seen/taught MANY marching bands.  Hell, I am pretty much in a professional one.  And all I have to say is shame on you. 

I understand that there are MANY things that HOT needs to iron out.  some of their song selections are mediocre at best.  But for the most part they are spot on.  Downs cheers are one of the staples of college football.  You go hear the biggest teams(LSU's,USC's) and the best bands(LSU's,USC's, but HOT is not far off, BTW.) and you will hear the SAME SONGS over and OVER again after 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even the opposing teams 4th down representing a defensive stop.  ITS WHAT COLLEGE MARCHING BANDS DO!!!

Its quite possibly the biggest obligation of the band DURING THE ENTIRE GAME!!!

So dont come on here and tell the band that they are TOO LOUD on OFFENSE!!!

This is not the pros...we are not EVER, EVER EVER going to be able to "quiet" the crowd on offense.  It might be a little softer than when the opponent is on offense though. for sure...

Many of the comments on this board are very ignorant to what the College football experience is.  AND believe me...I have attended quite a few college games @Death Valley, @The Swamp, @The Orange Bowl(when UM was good), @Georgia Dome...etc.

Band PLAY for the offenses downs...THAT HOW IT WORKS.

If you don't like the band...tuff!  Its college ball and the Band is just as important as the cheerleaders/mascot.  Except EVEN MORE...the band brings us together through music.  Music that no other schools play...which is the common bond we all share when we all yell "GO BULLS" together.  Or wave our bull hands in the air for "The BULL" cheer. 

Ksquire, I ask you this...if there is something you want our band to be.  Let me know...I would really like to know. 

I am not mad...just interested as to why you do not like the "Pride of the Bay" HOT Marching Band.

Take Care everyone and GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  136

I'm glad I'm no longer in the student section for the simple fact I can't hear HOT where I am now. They play the same 4 songs over and over. Our band is not good and I have never liked them.

Ksquire, I understand that you are entitled to your own opinions.  However let me ask you WHY you feel this way about HOT. 

All they have done is support our team through the best and worst times, grown into a mature unit of much bigger proportions, and represented this University with respect whenever going on road trips/side gigs. 

I have seen/taught MANY marching bands.  Hell, I am pretty much in a professional one.  And all I have to say is shame on you. 

I understand that there are MANY things that HOT needs to iron out.  some of their song selections are mediocre at best.  But for the most part they are spot on.  Downs cheers are one of the staples of college football.  You go hear the biggest teams(LSU's,USC's) and the best bands(LSU's,USC's, but HOT is not far off, BTW.) and you will hear the SAME SONGS over and OVER again after 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even the opposing teams 4th down representing a defensive stop.  ITS WHAT COLLEGE MARCHING BANDS DO!!!

This is not the pros...we are not EVER, EVER EVER going to be able to "quiet" the crowd on offense.  It might be a little softer than when the opponent is on offense though. for sure...

Many of the comments on this board are very ignorant to what the College football experience is.  AND believe me...I have attended quite a few college games @Death Valley, @The Swamp, @The Orange Bowl(when UM was good), @Georgia Dome...etc.

If you don't like the band...tuff!  Its college ball and the Band is just as important as the cheerleaders/mascot.  Except EVEN MORE...the band brings us together through music.  Music that no other schools play...which is the common bond we all share when we all yell "GO BULLS" together.  Or wave our bull hands in the air for "The BULL" cheer. 

Ksquire, I ask you this...if there is something you want our band to be.  Let me know...I would really like to know. 

I am not mad...just interested as to why you do not like the "Pride of the Bay" HOT Marching Band.

wtfpwned

• Content Count:  398

You said it best, 8_va. I think I love you a little bit for that.

• Content Count:  3,827

I just wish I could hear yall. That's all.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1. Our tackling was p!ss poor in more than a few instances. On their first and last touchdowns, it seemed like at least 3 people had chances to make the tackle and didn't.

2. Our kick returns sucked. I can't say I've ever really been impressed with Taurus returning kicks.

3. I don't really have a 3rd gripe, so I'll just go with the fact that the scoreboard operator sucks

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

taures is not nearly quick enough to return

• Content Count:  1,066

taures is not nearly quick enough to return

Get either AJ Love or a DB in there for PR....I'm OK with a little juking here and there to avoid the tackle, but we need someone willing to go North/South on the field 95% of the time.  Plus we need someone with cold-start ability to just blow by the first wave of the kicking team.

Archived