• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WE GET OUTCOACHED ALMOST EVERY WEEK.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

One of the guys I sat next to turned to me and said "OUR DEFENSE SUCKS!" in the middle of the 4th.

I was like, are you sh1tting me dude? Do you know nothing of football? Of the Bulls? Are we watching the same game?

Its not like we had the number one D in yards allowed going into that game... Playing against an outstanding QB and Orange Bowl champs.

Good god, it is unbelievable how some fans (cringe) spin things. You know what they say, "bitter is the new black."

yeah, i'm increasingly amazed at how negative fans are getting about the best we've ever played as a football team.

Mikebeau:  that comment on the previous page is the most sickening I've ever read on this board.  To be disgusted with fans because they are happy we won that game with a game-winning FG?!  Give some freaking credit to the other team for once!  Todd Reesing, to quote Leavitt, is AWESOME.  Our defense can improve, but so can every team in the nation at just about everything. 

some of you guys need to enjoy this time.  If you can't enjoy what is happening right now, you need to find a new hobby.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

yeah, i'm increasingly amazed at how negative fans are getting about the best we've ever played as a football team.

Mikebeau:  that comment on the previous page is the most sickening I've ever read on this board.  To be disgusted with fans because they are happy we won that game with a game-winning FG?!  Give some freaking credit to the other team for once!  Todd Reesing, to quote Leavitt, is AWESOME.  Our defense can improve, but so can every team in the nation at just about everything. 

some of you guys need to enjoy this time.  If you can't enjoy what is happening right now, you need to find a new hobby.

sorry man, but i wasnt disgusted with fans.  just couldnt believe we let come down to a field goal after we figured out their offense and shut it down for 2 1/2 quarters.

I am excited we won.  Just frustrated that we dont knock teams out when theyre down

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

sorry man, but i wasnt disgusted with fans.  just couldnt believe we let come down to a field goal after we figured out their offense and shut it down for 2 1/2 quarters.

I am excited we won.  Just frustrated that we dont knock teams out when theyre down

Mike, any chance that after we figured out their offense their staff figured out our defense?  Or is it all up to us? 

• Content Count:  4,738

Maybe.

I've thought about my frustration, and I guess its because of my belief that we can beat anyone.  When we play a game, I expect us to win. Maybe a couple of years ago, I thought we had a chance to win, but now, I expect them to win.

I think that is where my frustration comes from.  So once we pulled ahead and we were dominating KU, I expected us to put the game away.

• Content Count:  3,403

Maybe.

I've thought about my frustration, and I guess its because of my belief that we can beat anyone.  When we play a game, I expect us to win. Maybe a couple of years ago, I thought we had a chance to win, but now, I expect them to win.

I think that is where my frustration comes from.  So once we pulled ahead and we were dominating KU, I expected us to put the game away.

Kansas won the Orange Bowl.  I bet their fans expect to win, too.

• Content Count:  4,016

Anyone who disagrees with this is ignorant.

Ignorant.

We had the greatest halftime adjustment, followed by an epic failure once we were ahead.

It was ridiculous.  I left the stadium surrounded by ecstatic fans and i was disgusted.

Then you should reexamine the game.  Our staff did some amazing adjustments, at halftime.  You do realize we were playing a great offensive minded coach, with a heisman hopeful QB?  I mean going to six DB's in the 3rd quarter, and man coverage on the outside was ballsy but brilliant.  Reesing played brilliant, his pinpoint accuracy was crazy, and we had good coverage too.

How about the outside quick tosses to Jamar Taylor that nuetralized their linebackers inside!  I mean there was some wonderful adjustment, and it was a great, great job by our players, staff and team.

KU is deep, talented, and experienced.  They returned 8 starters on offense, and 9 on defense for a team that went 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl.  They made some incredible plays to come from behind, that catch by Kerry Meier on 3rd and 21, 95% of college receivers don't make that catch it was high and behind him and he goes up, shows great hops and body control to grab it...

Great stuff!

Mike I realize you expect us to win, and with this schedule we should, but you really have to analyze this KU team.  Coach Mangino is unsightly but the dude can coach an offense, and he makes great adjustments on the fly.  How about the option, the quick tosses, the shovel passes.  He was neutralizing our speed all game long.  That KU team will be 9-3 this regular season, at a minimum they should be 5-1 heading to Norman in middle October which will define their season.  I will be a huge Jayhawk fan then.

• Content Count:  919

No way you can say we were outcoached against Kansas.  Among the great coaching decisions:

1.  Man coverage in 3rd quarter.  Getting in the face of the receivers and playing bump and run and throwing off the timing of KU passing attack was the biggest contribution to winning that game.

2.  Committing to the running game in the 3rd quarter.  I am usually disappointed about how quickly the coaches give up on the running game when behind, but it was the exact opposite in this one.  Using Taylor and the run game in the 3rd quarter opened up the Kansas D.

3.  Bonani at kicker.  Kudus to Leavitt for trying something new, and it worked brilliantly.  I'm not sure USF wins without this change being made.

4.  Three man D line in 2nd half.  I can't recall ever seeing that before from USF D and it affected Kansas in the 3rd quarter.

The only complaint I had is that when Kansas cut it back to 7 in the 4th, USF should have jumped back into bump and run and made KU make a play.  I thought they stayed with the 2-deep too long.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

We almost always have better talent than our opponent.

I'm starting to realize how average to BELOW average our coaching really is.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS outschemed & out-strategized.

No ability to adjust and be creative.

This is a sad day for me....realizing we will never be what I thought we could be with these coaches.

true

bulls were fortunate last 2 weeks

i suspect luck will soon run out

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Anyone who disagrees with this is ignorant.

Ignorant.

We had the greatest halftime adjustment, followed by an epic failure once we were ahead.

It was ridiculous.  I left the stadium surrounded by ecstatic fans and i was disgusted.

did you see 4th quarter

bulls didnt even cover spread

bulls were suppose to win

Then you should reexamine the game.  Our staff did some amazing adjustments, at halftime.  You do realize we were playing a great offensive minded coach, with a heisman hopeful QB?  I mean going to six DB's in the 3rd quarter, and man coverage on the outside was ballsy but brilliant.  Reesing played brilliant, his pinpoint accuracy was crazy, and we had good coverage too.

How about the outside quick tosses to Jamar Taylor that nuetralized their linebackers inside!  I mean there was some wonderful adjustment, and it was a great, great job by our players, staff and team.

KU is deep, talented, and experienced.  They returned 8 starters on offense, and 9 on defense for a team that went 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl.  They made some incredible plays to come from behind, that catch by Kerry Meier on 3rd and 21, 95% of college receivers don't make that catch it was high and behind him and he goes up, shows great hops and body control to grab it...

Great stuff!

Mike I realize you expect us to win, and with this schedule we should, but you really have to analyze this KU team.  Coach Mangino is unsightly but the dude can coach an offense, and he makes great adjustments on the fly.  How about the option, the quick tosses, the shovel passes.  He was neutralizing our speed all game long.  That KU team will be 9-3 this regular season, at a minimum they should be 5-1 heading to Norman in middle October which will define their season.  I will be a huge Jayhawk fan then.

Archived