• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WE GET OUTCOACHED ALMOST EVERY WEEK.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As if the other coaches aren't coaching.  We adjust, they adjust, both counter-adjust and yes sometimes the coaches outsmart themselves.  There are things to criticize, but dang give it at least a day to enjoy this win.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

I am a little unsure why people are trashing on GG.  We have put up just about 500 yards in all our games so far.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have 1,000 yards of offense for the game, but I'll take 500.  We are moving the ball.  AND we don't have our "top" backs.  What is there to complain about?

My only beef is when we try to get too fancy on plays that should be routine...like the 3rd and 1 in our zone.  THat should have been a Grothe run or QB sneak.

I would like to see the D tighten up.   They don't look as strong as they did last year.  With Selvie being double or triple teamed someone needs to use that and make a play.    

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I am a little unsure why people are trashing on GG.  We have put up just about 500 yards in all our games so far.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have 1,000 yards of offense for the game, but I'll take 500.  We are moving the ball.  AND we don't have our "top" backs.  What is there to complain about?

My only beef is when we try to get too fancy on plays that should be routine...like the 3rd and 1 in our zone.  THat should have been a Grothe run or QB sneak.

I would like to see the D tighten up.   They don't look as strong as they did last year.  With Selvie being double or triple teamed someone needs to use that and make a play.    

I think the issue is that there are some very questionable calls in key situations. UCF last week, and the 3rd and one this week. Someone mentioned earlier that Grothe audibled, but if I remember (and I may not have it right), there wasn't even a RB on the field. Last week, even if you are going to pass, keep the RB in the back field.

Another grip of mine on the OC... Run a freaking SCREEN PASS. Not sure if last night was the time, but, maybe against RU last year. He doesn't adjust well to what the defense is doing.

Having said all of that, I don't think I have ever seen a coaching staff make half time adjustments like ours. WVU last year, UCF last week, obviously last night. WOW.

If we're getting out coached, we must be recruiting better than Auburn, WVU, and Kansas because to me, it seems like our talent still isn't what those teams have. CJL and staff do a pretty good job. I do wish GG was better, and hopefully he will get there.

Guest nybullsfan

I really dislike Gregory's playcalling. I'd rather see MG start audibling more. After all, what are they gonna do? Bench him for insubordination? Not likely!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

We almost always have better talent than our opponent.

I'm starting to realize how average to BELOW average our coaching really is.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS outschemed & out-strategized.

No ability to adjust and be creative.

This is a sad day for me....realizing we will never be what I thought we could be with these coaches.

LOL .... are you ever NOT PMSing?

• Content Count:  2,118

playcalling can be a little head scratching at times, but as long as win.

• Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Pretty cool isn't it?  We were out everything by the KU coaching staff except one small part...

THE SCORE BOARD!

I'm surprised at how many people that don't know squat about this game get on here and simply ***** about every frigging thing they can think of.  Go read the part where Reesing did EXACTLY what his coach told him to do with 41 seconds left in the game.

Oops, didn't work - MUST have been bad coaching.

I'll take any win by any means possible and any score, not ***** like some people do.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

But do we want to "settle" for 500 yards in Offense and Wins each week ?

;D

• Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

YES

• Content Count:  2,461

One of the guys I sat next to turned to me and said "OUR DEFENSE SUCKS!" in the middle of the 4th.

I was like, are you sh1tting me dude? Do you know nothing of football? Of the Bulls? Are we watching the same game?

Its not like we had the number one D in yards allowed going into that game... Playing against an outstanding QB and Orange Bowl champs.

Good god, it is unbelievable how some fans (cringe) spin things. You know what they say, "bitter is the new black."

Archived