• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 10 reasons we'll beat KU this weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  0

Lousiana Tech beat an 8-5 SEC team in their opener.

I recorded the USF-UCF game. In no way was that hostile. I think I heard more USF fans.

Neither team has been tested against quality competition yet. Fortunately, we don't have to wait much longer.

LaTech may have beaten an 8-5 SEC team, but YOUR TEAM didn't beat an 8-5 SEC team.

and hostile or not, winning a road game against a conference champion > anything KU has done thus far.

just sayin'.

Ummmm.... as a bulls fan im going to have to disagree with you on that one. They return most of their team that won the orange bowl last year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726

Well, we have some jayhawk fans among us, and I was thinking that we should let them know exactly why they are going to lose this weekend...

10. Heat...pure and simple, Kansas thinks it gets hot there, but they have not experienced early September heat in Florida.

9. 9 returners on offense. We're so deep at RB and WR that Grothe doesn't have to do it all this year. Their inexperience on defense won't allow them to cover all of our guys.

8. Speaking of Grothe, anyone know of a better gamer? He will be ready to take it to KU's secondary and run circles around the DEs and LBs

7. Rebound - last weeks game was way too close, so I think there will be a lot of focus on making sure this one is hard fought for a full 60 minutes (+OT if needed).

6. George Selvie usually prefers honey buns, but Friday, he is going to feast on Reesing Cups.

5. Tyrone McKenzie is the best LB in the nation, and it's time the world see it in the only game on TV at that time. He will light up anyone that thinks about crossing the line of scrimmage.

4. CJL and Gregory have been toying with us thus far. There is a lot more to our offense than meets the eye. I expect very nearly another 500 yards of offense.

3. Mike Ford...Give him the rock. Williams' a beast on the field, give him a block. The running backs will have plenty of chances as we limit the time that KU's offense is on the field.

2. Jerome Murphy and Nate Allen will each have a pick. Nate will probably get a TD on his.

1. It's gonna be loud, it's not going to let up, KU is not ready for what they are coming in to.

My prediction 27-13...Grothe goes for 250 in the air and another 45 on the ground. Williams and Ford each get 60, followed by Mo and Kelly combine for another 60 and the Bulls move into the top 10 in the nation.

Alright, so that's my dream scenario, any other reasons we'll win that I missed?

1.  KU's played in stadiums bigger and louder than Raymond James.  The crowd won't affect them.

have you ever been to raymond james? doubt it. so think before you say stupid things

No but I can't imagine it being any louder than places like Licoln, NE (holds over 85k), College Station, TX (holds over 83k), or Norman, OK (holds over 82k).  Now I'm sure your team plays better there than on the road.  That's pretty much the way it is for every team.  I just don't see how it's going to be the loudest place KU has ever played in.  Besides even if it is loud KU's O isn't run like a typical O so the noise doesn't really affect it at all.

You know what.  There are plenty of people that say RayJay was louder than Auburn(which holds 89k).  ALSO, I have a few friends from UF that said it was louder at RAYJAY than Florida Field, which holds almost 94k.  So why don't you just quit throwing your lame Big 12 numbers at us. 

You'll see RAY JAY yourselves on Friday either on TV or live in person.  We hope you have a good time.  It will be a great game and it will be LOUD!!!

I'm actually screaming RIGHT NOW!!! IN JAPAN!!! Hopefully it reaches RAYJAY FOR THE GAME!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!! GO BULLLS!!!!!!

GO BULLS!!!

There is a huge difference between Auburn vs. USF and Auburn vs. Alabama. Their fans only got extremely loud during the important plays. USF fans get loud on every down on defense, as does Auburn when they actually feel threatened.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I recently moved to Tampa from KC.  I also lived in Lawrence for 5 years.  Everyone down here goes on and on about how hot and humid it is, but in my experience, it far more comfortable than a summer in Kansas. No comparison. I couldn't wear jeans in the summer in Kansas cause I would sweat right through them, but I wear them all the time down here.

As far as the stadiums go:

Raymond James for USF games - capacity = 41,441

Memorial Stadium - capacity = 50,071

Of they open up the top levels for the KU game:

Raymond James - full capacity = 65,857

But KU plays MU at Arrowhead - capacity = 79,451

I mention that just for the sake of the conversation.  I plan to attend the game with my wife.  I know it's going to be a good one and I hope the USF fans are as civil as I plan to be.  :)

depending on how a stadium structure is designed, it can obtain a different level of noise. 65,000 could easily sound like 85 or 90k in the right stadium.

I recently moved to Tampa from KC.  I also lived in Lawrence for 5 years.  Everyone down here goes on and on about how hot and humid it is, but in my experience, it far more comfortable than a summer in Kansas. No comparison. I couldn't wear jeans in the summer in Kansas cause I would sweat right through them, but I wear them all the time down here.

As far as the stadiums go:

Raymond James for USF games - capacity = 41,441?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Memorial Stadium - capacity = 50,071

Of they open up the top levels for the KU game:

Raymond James - full capacity = 65,857

But KU plays MU at Arrowhead - capacity = 79,451

I mention that just for the sake of the conversation.  I plan to attend the game with my wife.  I know it's going to be a good one and I hope the USF fans are as civil as I plan to be.  :)

depending on how a stadium structure is designed, it can obtain a different level of noise. 65,000 could easily sound like 85 or 90k in the right stadium.

Well RJS is not one of those stadiums designed to be really loud (it has semiopen endzones)

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Whoever said the capacity for USF games is 41K is dead wrong.  That is outdated information.  It is 65K for each and every game.  It used to be 41K when they only opened the lower decks, but that will never happen again.  USF has progressed way past that.  USF drew nearly 50K for a 1-AA opponent recently.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Reason #11

Love bugs are attracted to white-colored objects.  A swarm of love bugs will descend upon the stadium and become attracted to the visitor uniforms, freaking them out.  BTW, saw my first pair here in Columbus yesterday.

Lovebugs have to be one of the top 10 reasons the University of Florida needs to be bombed

• Content Count:  5

Whoever said the capacity for USF games is 41K is dead wrong.  That is outdated information.  It is 65K for each and every game.  It used to be 41K when they only opened the lower decks, but that will never happen again.  USF has progressed way past that.  USF drew nearly 50K for a 1-AA opponent recently.

I was going off this info:  http://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=220391

I see that it is dated 2005, so yeah probably old info. 

Archived