• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 10 reasons we'll beat KU this weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Well, we have some jayhawk fans among us, and I was thinking that we should let them know exactly why they are going to lose this weekend...

10. Heat...pure and simple, Kansas thinks it gets hot there, but they have not experienced early September heat in Florida.

9. 9 returners on offense. We're so deep at RB and WR that Grothe doesn't have to do it all this year. Their inexperience on defense won't allow them to cover all of our guys.

8. Speaking of Grothe, anyone know of a better gamer? He will be ready to take it to KU's secondary and run circles around the DEs and LBs

7. Rebound - last weeks game was way too close, so I think there will be a lot of focus on making sure this one is hard fought for a full 60 minutes (+OT if needed).

6. George Selvie usually prefers honey buns, but Friday, he is going to feast on Reesing Cups.

5. Tyrone McKenzie is the best LB in the nation, and it's time the world see it in the only game on TV at that time. He will light up anyone that thinks about crossing the line of scrimmage.

4. CJL and Gregory have been toying with us thus far. There is a lot more to our offense than meets the eye. I expect very nearly another 500 yards of offense.

3. Mike Ford...Give him the rock. Williams' a beast on the field, give him a block. The running backs will have plenty of chances as we limit the time that KU's offense is on the field.

2. Jerome Murphy and Nate Allen will each have a pick. Nate will probably get a TD on his.

1. It's gonna be loud, it's not going to let up, KU is not ready for what they are coming in to.

My prediction 27-13...Grothe goes for 250 in the air and another 45 on the ground. Williams and Ford each get 60, followed by Mo and Kelly combine for another 60 and the Bulls move into the top 10 in the nation.

Alright, so that's my dream scenario, any other reasons we'll win that I missed?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Don't know how, why or by how much.  I just hope we win.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Well, we have some jayhawk fans among us, and I was thinking that we should let them know exactly why they are going to lose this weekend...

10. Heat...pure and simple, Kansas thinks it gets hot there, but they have not experienced early September heat in Florida.

9. 9 returners on offense. We're so deep at RB and WR that Grothe doesn't have to do it all this year. Their inexperience on defense won't allow them to cover all of our guys.

8. Speaking of Grothe, anyone know of a better gamer? He will be ready to take it to KU's secondary and run circles around the DEs and LBs

7. Rebound - last weeks game was way too close, so I think there will be a lot of focus on making sure this one is hard fought for a full 60 minutes (+OT if needed).

6. George Selvie usually prefers honey buns, but Friday, he is going to feast on Reesing Cups.

5. Tyrone McKenzie is the best LB in the nation, and it's time the world see it in the only game on TV at that time. He will light up anyone that thinks about crossing the line of scrimmage.

4. CJL and Gregory have been toying with us thus far. There is a lot more to our offense than meets the eye. I expect very nearly another 500 yards of offense.

3. Mike Ford...Give him the rock. Williams' a beast on the field, give him a block. The running backs will have plenty of chances as we limit the time that KU's offense is on the field.

2. Jerome Murphy and Nate Allen will each have a pick. Nate will probably get a TD on his.

1. It's gonna be loud, it's not going to let up, KU is not ready for what they are coming in to.

My prediction 27-13...Grothe goes for 250 in the air and another 45 on the ground. Williams and Ford each get 60, followed by Mo and Kelly combine for another 60 and the Bulls move into the top 10 in the nation.

Alright, so that's my dream scenario, any other reasons we'll win that I missed?

one can only hope!

• Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

Their inexperience on defense won't allow them to cover all of our guys.

Not to interject a fun USF thread, but there is very little inexperience on this team outside of DT. There aren't many defensive two-deeps out there with more experience. Many newbies on offense, but the defense has seen it all.

• Content Count:  33

10.  Weather on Friday is supposed to be a scorching 90 degrees at it's hottest.  Most of the game will be played in wet weather in the low 80's.  Weather will not affect KU any more than your Bulls.

9. KU returns 9 or 11 of it's Defensive starters.  The linebackers themselves have over a combined 65 starts.  Inexperience is not an issue with KU's team.

8.  Grothe is a gamer.  KU has one themselves who has actually won something in his career.  I'll take Reesing over Grothe.

7.  If there's a team in the country that doesn't lose focus on their next games it's KU.  Both coaches know better than to look ahead at these programs and both programs play with a rodney dangerfield type attitude.

6.  This is my biggest concern for the game.  Spikes the Freshman LT has looked very good so far but this will be a true test.

5.  KU's LB corps is among the best in the nation.  McKenzie is a very good talent and i'm sure KU coaches are aware of him.

4.  KU has a top 10 D.  No way you get 500 yards of Offense.  KU doesn't give up 100 yards on the ground to a RB very often.  In fact KU's only given up 100 yards to a RB 4 times in the last three season.  If you manage to do that and run for over 200 as a team you'll have done something not many teams have the last few years.

3.  KU's run D is their strength.  The line isn't dominating but it's efficient enough to keep KU's linebackers free.  Not to mention our secondary is full of very sure tacklers.

2.  If Reesing throws two picks you win the game.  As a starter (15 games) Reesing has only 8 INT's and only two multi turnover games which were against KU's two major rivals.  This team is very good at holding on to the Football.

1.  KU's played in stadiums bigger and louder than Raymond James.  The crowd won't affect them.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

1.  KU's played in stadiums bigger and louder than Raymond James.  The crowd won't affect them.

I'm not so sure that it's so much the effect that the crowd will have on Kansas as it is the effect that playing at home seems to have on USF.  It seems that historically, whether in front of a large crowd or not, the Bulls have been a different team at home vs. on the road.

• Content Count:  1,524

Hahaha the best one. Thats good.

• Content Count:  5,691

10.  Weather on Friday is supposed to be a scorching 90 degrees at it's hottest.  Most of the game will be played in wet weather in the low 80's.  Weather will not affect KU any more than your Bulls.

It's not the heat it's the humidity....welcome to FL

trust me thats def one of the things i don't miss about FL!

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

It's not the heat it's the humidity....welcome to FL

trust me thats def one of the things i don't miss about FL!

ain't that the truth.  in Florida, even your sweat sweats.  lol.

• Content Count:  1,387

Now there's a good game sign! Picture of Selvie eating Reesing peanut butter cups.

Archived