• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 10 reasons we'll beat KU this weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'd prefer to see him turning their QB into Ressing's Pieces.

That would be a good sign. Selvie breaking him into pieces or him on the ground in pieces.

(picture of Selvie) + (picture of Reesing) = (picture of Reece's Pieces package)

I like it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All trash talking aside, these are two evenly matched teams which really know very little about each other. It's going to be very exciting - I'm so happy to be going. As long as USF can keep it's mistakes do so minimum which so far they've done a good job about... we should be ok.

Also, it will definately be a soldout game. Never underestimate the Tampa bandwagoner.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

*** 2008 NCAA FBS Total Defense Statistics ***

(Complete through Saturday, September 6th)

From The Sports Network

T O T A L   D E F E N S E

Rank   Team                          G  Pl  Yds   Avg TD   Ydspg

1. South Fla.                      2 114  323  2.83  4  161.50

15. Kansas                          2 115  406  3.53  1  203.00

*** 2008 NCAA FBS Total Offense Team Statistics ***

From The Sports Network

T O T A L   O F F E N S E

Rank   Team                          G  Pl  Yds     Avg TD   Ydspg

17. South Fla.                      2 156 1024    6.56 12  512.00

30. Kansas                          2 159  922    5.80  8  461.00

Not to mention they had easier games the first 2 weeks. If we don't hit 500 yd's this game it will be atleast 400.

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

It just started getting cool in Kansas just this week. The 2 weeks before that we had hit over 100 a couple of times and we were consistently in the 90's. Summer's in Kansas don't really fall below 90 anytime before about 9 or 10 at night. Obviously humidity is a little different, but it still gets pretty clammy here in Kansas, so I really don't believe it will mess with our team. Plus we have phenomenal trainers that will make sure our players know to stay properly hydrated and properly stretched before games.

Why is it so strange that Reesing stayed in the whole game? We need to break in our offense and make sure it is running on all cylinders going into the game against you guys....I really don't get why some idiotic fanatic of an opposing team would question a seasoned head coach's choice to keep his starting quarterback in for the whole game....it wasn't because we were in any danger to lose the ball-game, so it was probably for a **** good reason.

• Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

*** 2008 NCAA FBS Total Defense Statistics ***

From The Sports Network

T O T A L  D E F E N S E

Rank  Team                          G  Pl  Yds  Avg TD  Ydspg

1. South Fla.                      2 114  323  2.83  4  161.50

15. Kansas                          2 115  406  3.53  1  203.00

*** 2008 NCAA FBS Total Offense Team Statistics ***

From The Sports Network

T O T A L  O F F E N S E

Rank  Team                          G  Pl  Yds    Avg TD  Ydspg

17. South Fla.                      2 156 1024    6.56 12  512.00

30. Kansas                          2 159  922    5.80  8  461.00

Not to mention they had easier games the first 2 weeks. If we don't hit 500 yd's this game it will be atleast 400.

You guys averaged just over 500 against two terrible opponents yet you are going to get over 500 against one of the best D's in the nation?  400 is possible I guess but not 500.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

It just started getting cool in Kansas just this week. The 2 weeks before that we had hit over 100 a couple of times and we were consistently in the 90's. Summer's in Kansas don't really fall below 90 anytime before about 9 or 10 at night. Obviously humidity is a little different, but it still gets pretty clammy here in Kansas, so I really don't believe it will mess with our team. Plus we have phenomenal trainers that will make sure our players know to stay properly hydrated and properly stretched before games.

Why is it so strange that Reesing stayed in the whole game? We need to break in our offense and make sure it is running on all cylinders going into the game against you guys....I really don't get why some idiotic fanatic of an opposing team would question a seasoned head coach's choice to keep his starting quarterback in for the whole game....it wasn't because we were in any danger to lose the ball-game, so it was probably for a **** good reason.

It's summer in Florida 9-10 months out of the year, i think we know what we are talking about.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

3 pages on F'n weather?  come on guys.  y'all can find better **** to debate about than the impact of the weather on the players.

yes, the humidity is going to affect the Kansas guys in one way or another [significant or not] and no, Kansas doesn't know what Florida humidity is like... but that is such a small part of the game that it isn't worth debating about.

these teams are pretty evenly matched, and are amongst the best in our respective conferences.

the biggest advantage i think USF has is that we've actually been tested by playing a "rival" on the road that treated our game like it was the only game on their schedule.  we've taken the best shot of a reigning conference champ, faced adversity, and came out with another notch under our belt.

if our secondary and our OLine are up to the task, we should be in good shape.  if not, KU's superb receiving corps could give us problems.

should be a great game.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I just made it back this week from south Texas  where I have been spending most of my time this last year, and I can say the weather is pretty nice here, cooler than back in Texas and feels cooler too.  There are plenty of hot places other than Florida, with heat and humidity.  I just checked and it is warmer and more humid back in Texas now (but it's 7:35 there instead of 8:35).

As for the stadium, we have a nice place but it is plenty loud at many of the major college stadiums.  I'm hoping we sell out or come close to it and the atmosphere is like last year's WVU game, but whatever it will be like, I'll be happy watching my Bulls play a quality team at home.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i used to live in Austin and i find it hard to believe that Texas is more humid than Florida.

it's cool today because we're getting a nice breeze from Ike, but this is atypical and will likely be back to the everyday hot-n-schwetty by Friday.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

3 pages on F'n weather?  come on guys.  y'all can find better **** to debate about than the impact of the weather on the players.

yes, the humidity is going to affect the Kansas guys in one way or another [significant or not] and no, Kansas doesn't know what Florida humidity is like... but that is such a small part of the game that it isn't worth debating about.

these teams are pretty evenly matched, and are amongst the best in our respective conferences.

the biggest advantage i think USF has is that we've actually been tested by playing a "rival" on the road that treated our game like it was the only game on their schedule.  we've taken the best shot of a reigning conference champ, faced adversity, and came out with another notch under our belt.

if our secondary and our OLine are up to the task, we should be in good shape.  if not, KU's superb receiving corps could give us problems.

should be a great game.

Dude, there are 4 pages on what the field will be painted like, and 3 more on what people are wearing to the game. This is awesome.

I am pumped about this game. Kansas fans seem to be taking the ribbing pretty well. One did go way on the offensive about the whole QB playing too much thing.

My only thought is that on a title run, I would hate for a team that is getting killed to take a cheap shot on our QB and lose him for the year. But as shown in the Miami/FIU game a couple of years ago, very disciplined team they squeaked by in the first week.

Speaking of cheap shots, I am still pissed that Edwards is hurt. That guys should be suspended at least one game.

Archived