• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Field Painted for the Kansas Game???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

The Dolphins will be doing it for UM, so why cant TSA do it for us?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

The Dolphins will be doing it for UM, so why cant TSA do it for us?

Dolphins > Bucs

ok here is how it works when we paint the field. The center and endzone grass is removed and new grass is placed and painted. Then after the game the original grass is placed in its original place. Now the question is will one full day be long enough for the grass to take root enough to play on. I say no but I know the TSA can roll the crap out of it and it should be fine. They do it for the Outback Bowl every year.

Two years ago, the Outback Bowl had Buccaneers logos because the Bucs played the next day...

36 hours may be enough... but I know they couldn't do that for 24 hours.

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

besides...as slow as the bucs defense looked against Reggie Bush i think they would benefit from a sloppy field.

that is a low blow man...low blow...it hurts...so very bad.

• Content Count:  2,277

I'll fly over Ray J in the morning with my private chopper and take some pics with my gyro-stabilized camera and post them for you guys.  I need to go make sure my pilot will be ready in the morning...  ;)

• Content Count:  157

I doubt the paint from the UTM game will be there. It will have been just shy of two weeks and all that paint would have grown out an been cut. I don't see any way that TSA allows any endzone paint. We'll be "lucky" if they allow us to have the white flag.

• Content Count:  157

Yes grown out. Grass grows, then it's cut and the paint that was on the top is then magically gone! It really is an amazing concept. While it would be easy to just repaint it my point was that TSA won't allow it. Hell we had to renegotiate a contract just so we can have a home big east game when we want it, not when they tell us it's ok.

• Content Count:  108

It's not like its really a bad thing if it has the Bucs stuff all over the field for the nationally televised game.  It just reminds recruits that we play in a first class NFL stadium, with NFL facilities.  I'm sure plenty of guys would be excited about that opportunity.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'd be satisfied, for this game, if there were NO markings of any kind in the endzone [the Bucs can paint their markings in after our game] and there was a USF logo at midfield that had GREEN color to match the field which hid the Bucs flag outline. I remember there was ONE game a couple of years ago that had the green paint to hide their flag and it looked great. I don't know why they then started to use the white again.

• Content Count:  971

That white flag thing always looks like crap . . . rather just leave the Bucs logo on the field. 

Archived