• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kicking Situation???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

You guys act like because it will be a packed house that it will be loud when we are kicking. Are you ******* retarded? There will be 8000 people yelling, not 68000. Get a clue, put the new kid in.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

If this new kid is one of the best in the state, we better get him on the field before he takes off for another program. If I was one of the best in the state and I was sitting on the bench behind someone who has only made 1 out of however many tries now, Id be kind of pissed.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Biography:

Bonani has a big time leg, hitting three field goals from more than 50 yards last year, the longest being 57 yards. He also routinely sends kick-offs through the end zone, and in practice hits field goals of 60-70 yards. That ability has made him one of the top place-kicking prospects in the state. Bonani also punts and booted a punt 60 of yards downed on the 6-yard line against DeSoto County HS. 

Biography:

Last season Brockhaus-Kann was named Second Team All County and Special Teams Player of the Year for the second year in a row after punting the ball 38 times for a 41.0 avg. and a net of 39.1, 11 punts inside the 20, and a long of 55 yards. In his spring game this year he had one punt for 51 yards that was downed inside the 20.

What was his percentage of kicks made from 45 yards in?  We need consistency in front of 65,000 fans on national TV, not a 70 yard prayer once in a while.  He may have the leg, but is he psycholgically ready to handle the situation when our top 10 ranking may be on the line.  At least Alvarado has been there before.  Let's see what happens after the KU game unless the kid has ice in his veins.  That's where the coaches need to make a judgement.

You never know what you really have until you put it out there during a game.  Also I don't think there will be 65k fans going bonkers while he's kicking since its a home game.  The kicking game only has one way to go and that's up so i think the upside outweighs the bad as far as giving the kid a chance.  At worst we go back to what we have now which is quite unreliable, best we take a step up and get a kicker that doesn't make every kick and adventure or even find out we have a very good young kicker that would allow Delbert to focus on punting which he is very good at.  I don't see the problem with giving the kid a chance even if he missed a couple kicks it's far from a guarantee that Delbert would have made them.     

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Biography:

Bonani has a big time leg, hitting three field goals from more than 50 yards last year, the longest being 57 yards. He also routinely sends kick-offs through the end zone, and in practice hits field goals of 60-70 yards. That ability has made him one of the top place-kicking prospects in the state. Bonani also punts and booted a punt 60 of yards downed on the 6-yard line against DeSoto County HS. 

Biography:

Last season Brockhaus-Kann was named Second Team All County and Special Teams Player of the Year for the second year in a row after punting the ball 38 times for a 41.0 avg. and a net of 39.1, 11 punts inside the 20, and a long of 55 yards. In his spring game this year he had one punt for 51 yards that was downed inside the 20.

What was his percentage of kicks made from 45 yards in?  We need consistency in front of 65,000 fans on national TV, not a 70 yard prayer once in a while.  He may have the leg, but is he psycholgically ready to handle the situation when our top 10 ranking may be on the line.  At least Alvarado has been there before.  Let's see what happens after the KU game unless the kid has ice in his veins.  That's where the coaches need to make a judgement.

You never know what you really have until you put it out there during a game.  Also I don't think there will be 65k fans going bonkers while he's kicking since its a home game.  The kicking game only has one way to go and that's up so i think the upside outweighs the bad as far as giving the kid a chance.  At worst we go back to what we have now which is quite unreliable, best we take a step up and get a kicker that doesn't make every kick and adventure or even find out we have a very good young kicker that would allow Delbert to focus on punting which he is very good at.  I don't see the problem with giving the kid a chance even if he missed a couple kicks it's far from a guarantee that Delbert would have made them.     

I have to agree, if the kid misses a few, you can switch back to Delbert. Hell, tell them before the game that if the kick is 30 yards in, DA has it, if it's further, Bonani goes. I am thinking that worst case, kid misses every attempt, fans rejoice because at least we tried something new.

On the other hand, if he could hit a clutch kick or two, kid would be a hero, and never have a confidence issue...ever.

Archived