• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Selvie vs. TNM

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Was a little concerned that we did not see more of a sack attack Saturday night.  Selvie was in the backfield, but did not get one sack did he?  I would have thought the big dawg would have eaten like a buffet on a team like this.  Just my concern...

• Content Count:  1,757

From what I remember, they had him at least double teamed on every play.  He was ohh so close to a sack on at least one play in the first quarter.

• Content Count:  4,016

From what I remember, they had him at least double teamed on every play.  He was ohh so close to a sack on at least one play in the first quarter.

It was two plays where Selvie hit the QB as he was throwing, and a third he tackled the RB for a 3 yard loss.  On all plays he just fired from the line and blew past the OT before he was out of his stance.

It was clear that UTM really wanted to start establishing their passing game with quick outs, receiver screens, and short hooks.  Then they would go intermediate and deep.  The problem is we never really gave them much on those short routes, and on those short quick throws with a three step drop there's little time for Selvie to get there.  Once their staff saw that they tried to establish the run first.  I think they had three catches that went for losses.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

Selvie was fine.

He was very explosive when I put the binoculars on him.

The short passes didn't give him time for sacks but he was on his way to the QB most plays and the run stop was vintage.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I have the same concerns. I was looking for at least two sacks out of 95.  The best DEs beat the double teams... Especially against tn martin

• Content Count:  1,985

I guess I just expected the same.  I saw how close he came on a couple series, since I am on the goal line, I got to see pretty well since we had them back there the entire 1st quarter.  But he only had one tackle and 2 assts.  Granted the one was for a 4 yd. loss. 

I think it also shows the respect they are giving him, this opens opportunities for the rest of the defense... Just that early season pitt in the stomach thing. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Really expected a stat stuffer  ;D Wished for 2 Sacks atleast, but far from disaapointed. Sure we'll see more against UCF and George will be ALL OUT against Kansas as will Wally.

We'll be Blitzing and Stunting much more.

• Content Count:  1,894

seemed as if they ran alot of plays to the opposite side of selvie. I watched the replay of the game on catch 47 and he was definitely in position to make alot of plays behind the line of scrimmage the play just wasnt in his reach.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea it was clear that the QB was watching Selvie like a hawk and got rid of the ball early a few times to avoid a sack.

so he didnt get one but clearly had a HUGE effect on the passing game.  it will be almost impossible for Selvie to top last years numbers.  it doesnt mean he isnt playing as well but that teams game plan around him.  it happens to all the top pass rushers

• Content Count:  3,403

He played great.  No reason for concern.  TN-Martin threw after 2 seconds most of the time.  McKenzie got the only sack and that was only because the QB wasn't looking and he had a clear path.

Archived