• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey UCiF: What is wrong with your administration?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

The oline wasn't.  The QB was.

Huh?  Whaa?  You do realize that your team average 3.1 ypc against a 1-AA opponent?  Our team averaged 6.1 against a very similar 1-AA opponent?  Despite what some UCF guys think averaging under 4ypc is not good in college football.

Maybe the sacks could be attributable to Greco, but the 5 QBH's too?  A QBH is only recorded if someone is touching the QB or knocking him down immmediately after the throw?

Also, another concerning stat if you're UCF is 9 completions by Greco and average 10ypc.  That might sound good, but when you take out the one 30 yarder to Ross it was more like 7ypcatch.  That's not good or comforting.  From these stats your OL is still working on gelling and for the most part UCF's passing game relies on underneath dink and dunk stuff.  Hell we didn't even try to go vertical and Grothe threw 6 completions for 98 yards.  Nothing longer than 20 yards either, but that's a 16 .2 ypc average. 

SC State is a much better team than UT-Martin, but that's besides the point.  The team looked a little lost on offense.  The RBs, while very talented, were hesitant on exploding through the hole.  On a few occasions, they were one cut from breaking it long.  Weaver and Murray looked good.  Davis and Harvey need some work.  They all played and attributed to the stats

The QBHs come from holding onto the ball too long and running around like a chicken with your head cut off.  He only used two reads and only took a deep throw a couple of times.  His performance was rather disappointing.  The line offered decent protection and the blitz pickup wasn't bad.

• Content Count:  2,461

SC State is a much better team than UT-Martin, but that's besides the point. 

Better... I'll give you that... Much? No way.

Others receiving votes: Northern Arizona 249, Fordham 212, Delaware State 198, Jacksonville State 195, Yale 170, Sam Houston State 166, Montana State 146, Furman 120, Liberty 115, Jackson State 79, South Carolina State 76, Holy Cross 74, Hofstra 61, Colgate 56, Grambling 55, Norfolk State 48, Coastal Carolina 44, Hampton 41, Southern 32, Northwestern State 30, Tennessee-Martin 30, UC Davis 22, Weber State 17, Lafayette 16, Alabama A&M 10, Texas Southern 9, Brown 9, Nicholls State 9, Dayton 6, Tennessee State 5, San Diego 4, Albany 4, Maine 1, Prairie View 1.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

SC State is a much better team than UT-Martin

According to Sagarin, SC State is ranked 164 and Tennessee-Martin is ranked 197.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

SC State would be about an 8 point favorite over UTM on a neutral field.

I don't think that's "much much" better.  I mean, using Sagarin to compare USF and UCF, we'd be a nearly 11 point favorite on a neutral field, and you guys swear up and down we're not "much much better".   ;D

• Content Count:  2,239

SC State is a much better team than UT-Martin

According to Sagarin, SC State is ranked 164 and Tennessee-Martin is ranked 197.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

SC State would be about an 8 point favorite over UTM on a neutral field.

I don't think that's "much much" better.  I mean, using Sagarin to compare USF and UCF, we'd be a nearly 11 point favorite on a neutral field, and you guys swear up and down we're not "much much better".  ;D

I think the line is about right.  I don't support Sagarin's rankings(never have), but the line of 13-14 pts seems pretty safe.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Aren't we beyond arguing with UCiF about which I-AA opponent was better?  We're a Top 25 program now.  We looked better last week, as we should have.  99% of UCFers realize that we should dominate them this weekend.  They are hopeful they can hang with us, and hold out hope that a miracle occurs and they beat us.  Let's show them we are a grown up program.  Let's be gracious, spank them on Saturday, then thank them for the victory on Sunday.

Remember, the season starts a week from Saturday.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,598
  • Days Won:  424

Aren't we beyond arguing with UCiF about which I-AA opponent was better?  We're a Top 25 program now.  We looked better last week, as we should have.  99% of UCFers realize that we should dominate them this weekend.  They are hopeful they can hang with us, and hold out hope that a miracle occurs and they beat us.  Let's show them we are a grown up program.  Let's be gracious, spank them on Saturday, then thank them for the victory on Sunday.

Remember, the season starts a week from Saturday.

I believe you meant to say  a week from Friday ...  8)

Archived