• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USM a must see game and...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

I still say if we go into Louisville at 4-1 and pull out a win, we will begin getting votes.  Especially if UL pulls out a win against Miami, whose Offense is highly suspect this year.  Look at how respectable Houston played them, I think they have a shot at pulling out a BIG upset.

Remember FSU 2 years ago!!

If they beat Miami, they will most likely be ranked around #17 or so coming into our game.  

Let's talk hypothetical for a sec - to see where Louisville could be IF they beat Miami - @ Miami

These are all 11 of the games featuring two teams currently ranked ahead of Louisville between today the week BEFORE USF plays Louisville. Georgia, LSU & Wisconsin play 2 higher ranked teams. 17 of the 21 teams ahead of Louisville have a game against a Top 21 opponent.

Note: E = ESPN Coaches Poll, A = AP Poll

Week of 10/2

LSU (#13 A, #13 E) @ Georgia (#3 A, #3 E)

Auburn (#8 A, #9 E) @ Tennesee (#10 A, #8 E)

Week of 10/9

Wisconsin (#20 A, #20 E) @ Ohio State (#7 A, #6 E)

Minnesota (# 18 A, #19 E) @ Michigan (#19 A, #18 E)

LSU (#13 A, #13 E) @ Florida (#16 A, #16 E)

Tennessee  (#10 A, #8 E) @ Georgia (#3 A, #3 E)

California (#10 A, #10 E) @ USC(#1 A, #1 E)

Texas (#5 A, #5 E) @ Oklahoma (#2 A, #2 E)

Week of 10/16

Wisconsin (#20 A, #20 E) @ Purdue (#15 A, #15 E)

Arizona State (#21 A, #25 E) @ USC(#1 A, #1 E)

Virginia (#12 A, #12 E) @ Florida State (#9 A, #11 E)

Louisville (#22 A, #22 E) @ Miami

So, I figure LSU could be #15 - #12 coming in to the matchup against USF if the Cardinals can manage to pull off the upset in Coral Gables. Arizona State, Wisconsin, Minnesota/Michigan, LSU, Florida, Tennesee, Auburn, California Virginia/FSU, & Georgia could drop some in the polls - creating an opening for the Cardinals to move up 7 to 10 spots.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

NO LETS NOT TALK HYPOTHETICAL.

Crap I hate this crap. You might as well talk about winning the powerball and paying Jim everything he is worth, building an on campus stadium and having Pam Anderson Hep C free, cloned and both her and her clone in your bed begging for you to take them.

One friggin game at a time. USM is on the clock until WE BEAT THEM. After that we may----MAY---- have an easier game with Army but remember we sometimes play to the level of our competition and ARMY is hungry for a win. Then and only then can we worry about going to UofL.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

There's no hypotheticals about it.  IF, UL beat #3-4 Miami, in Miami, they'd be ranked in the top 15.  That would be a statement win, but right now a win against USM would also send a huge message.

ONE GAME AT A TIME FELLAS!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Geezz Leavittation calm down.  You dont think CJL is telling his guys how important this game is, and what the implications of a win could be to stress just HOW important it is?  Its not like i'm talking about winning the Big East in 4 years from now, or a national title or something.  I'm looking 3 weeks ahead.  

And just because coaches say we take it one game at a time doesnt mean anything.  If you honestly believe that you know nothing about sports.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

this is the make or break game for the season

it is the next game!

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Geezz Leavittation calm down.  You dont think CJL is telling his guys how important this game is, and what the implications of a win could be to stress just HOW important it is?  Its not like i'm talking about winning the Big East in 4 years from now, or a national title or something.  I'm looking 3 weeks ahead.  

And just because coaches say we take it one game at a time doesnt mean anything.  If you honestly believe that you know nothing about sports.

It has nothing to do with the players but rather the stupid expectations built up upon talk like this. People are already planning out our wins for the entire season and banking on the results.  We are still a team that had problems scoring against a I-AA team and who couldnt move the ball against USC. We are a team that has ONE quarterback with a bum knee and a HUGE drop off in talent behind him. We are a team that just had a HUGE emotional game last week. Sometimes that leads to a let down the following game.

So you get everyone hyped up and then if we lose to USM or Army people will be jumping off this bandwagon and carrying fans with them. Then the famous flamers will be on here talking about firing our coaching staff and the not. Notice BullOnly did show up after the TCU win.

It's about fan and board expectations. There is nothing wrong with dreaming and wanting your team to do well but some folks get too wrapped up in counting on games as wins.

Sorry Bien but when you say there is no hypothetical about it and then start with the word "if" you really crack me up.

If= hypothetical. Unless they win the rest is moot.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Wow, excuse me for thinking positive.  I retract my post, we will get our asses kicked today, our season will be over, and we will lose our invitation to the Big East.  Also fire Leavitt.  Is that better?

And do you really think we will have a big drop off in fans because a loss in the next 2 weeks?  I seriously doubt it, and I doubt even more that if it did occur it would be because of my POSITIVE post about the team.  Even if we did lose some of our fan base because of a loss today or to Army, these fans probably werent real fans anyway, just some casual fans keeping an eye on our program and that we didnt need anyways.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

tough loss

if you can't talk hypothetical there would be no message boards

it is all bs

it is all fun

jim leavitt only talks in hypotheticals never facts

after the usc game we all knew everygame would be tough to win