• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USM a must see game and...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

hopefully should be our first game of the season where a hurricane doesnt interfear or is on our minds.  Nothing in sight for the next week at least.  

Frances - Pitt

Ivan - TTech

Ivan - South Carolina

Jeanne - TCU

As for the USM game, we need to turn out in huge numbers.  In my opinion, this and Mem are our two biggest home games of the year.  Since we beat tcu and are 1-0, we should get a good crowd, and we will need it to be loud at ray jay.  USM is a tough team, and I am sure they are on our hit list for revenge.

Get the word out, the place to be sat night is ray jay.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

This is potentially a HUGE game for us.  Foxsports has USM nationally ranked at #36, which seems about right seeing that they received votes in both the AP and the Coach's polls (They have us ranked #66 by the way).

If we can pull out a win here, we should have smooth sailing past Army.  And we can go into #22 Louisville at 4-1.  Even if UL loses to Miami and gets knocked out of the top 25 it will be a quility win and we could potentially get a top 25 ranking by this point.  

I know I am getting a little ahead of myself and we should look at it as one game at a time, but I just wanted to point out the implications this game has.  This game is a crossroads for not only our season but our program.  If the scenario plays out like I said even if we lose another game at 9-2 (which I think is possible if we win our next 3) we could still be ranked in the top 25 at season's end and go bowling and we would get alot of recognition, and with going to the Big East next year we would get some serious consideration from even more 4 and 5 star recruits.  

I dont want to make it sound like losing this game is the end of the season, it isnt.  If we go 6-5 and still go bowling it would be GREAT.  But a win here, and the possibilities are also great.  

Hopefully the offense got the confidence boost they needed and will play more consistantly throughout the season and this scenario could play out.

Or maybe I am just wearing Rose colored glasses.  I guess I am still just pumped up over the TCU win.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

No, you're right. Remember that USM got out of Lincoln with a W. It'd be most excellent if they couldn't get out of Tampa with one. Remember also that this is our last game with them since we're leaving the conference; much better to end the series with the league's best program at 2-2, with them never having won in our yard, than 1-3.

Long-term view: we're capable of beating Southern Miss with our best game, but capable of losing to Army with our worst game. So let's take it one week at a time.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Suspense--I like your attitude!  I'm WAY ahead too, so its not only you.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Please, the talk of top 25 is so far fetched.  We would have to run the table in the remainder of our games to even get close.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Please, the talk of top 25 is so far fetched.  We would have to run the table in the remainder of our games to even get close.

I don't know, Omni -- after USM and Army, we have two games on National TV -- meaning AP reporters and MAYBE some coaches will probably get to see some segment of the games.  A 6-1 USF team with wins @ Louisville and @ UAB should get some votes... Wins over ECU, Cincy, and Memphis - and we will be 9-1... that sounds good enough for Top 25 to me heading into a Pitt game that should be on TV somewhere...