• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's New Tradition Blooms After OT Victory

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

anyone else find it amusing they are getting their panties in a wad about gras?? unless one of the players took a shovel out there to dig it up who cares!

and USM is already showing their class by starting the whole "cheap shot" debate ALREADY

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

they're just making excuses for their loss next week ;D

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I'm kind of concerned about Gipson going into the game on D without the coaches knowing??!!  What the heck is that all about?  Do these coaches have any control over this team or are the players running it?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I don't really like this tradition 'cuz its a copy of FSU's.  The 'Noles were doing this during the Charley Ward yrs.  Still a killer win though.

I think it goes back a lot farther than Ward ................. I believe they started doing that back as an independent when they started those great road victories ..........

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

From the Tampa Tribune

``I haven't ever seen our offense like that, even in practice,'' Hall said. ``The guys really stepped up and the offensive line blocked very well.''

This makes me a little more uneasy than some uprooted grass...I hope that offensive performance turns out to be more than just a flash in the pan.

We're going to ned at least as good a performance this Saturday.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  13

I'm kind of concerned about Gipson going into the game on D without the coaches knowing??!!  What the heck is that all about?  Do these coaches have any control over this team or are the players running it?

AMEN!!

In the second half with the Bulls' secondary tiring, Gipson took it upon himself and entered the game at cornerback - without the coaches' knowledge.

"Somebody said they were tired, so I just went out there,'' Gipson said.  "I was just trying to help the team.''

That is very scary. Maybe I can sneak on for a series against USM.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

IMO, the O's success was a function dependent on Hall's legs, TCU's second half fatigue and TCU's D weakness.  To what extend which variable contributed to the majority of the O's production, only time will tell.  IMO, the line gaining confidence in Hall and Hall gain experience/confidence at the D1A level is the main reason however I would be biased in my ass

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

IMO, the O's success was a function dependent on Hall's legs, TCU's second half fatigue and TCU's D weakness.  To what extend which variable contributed to the majority of the O's production, only time will tell.  IMO, the line gaining confidence in Hall and Hall gain experience/confidence at the D1A level is the main reason however I would be biased in my ass

Remember Doug, TCU did have some fabulous athletes, and three were pre-season all-conference selections, in the defensive backfield.  Our QB could have all day to throw, but PJ still needed to find an open WR.  Our WR's did a terrific job of getting open, and making the catch, then immediately turning and creating positive yardage.  TCU's defense was poor against the pass, but it still doesn't take away the confidence PJ gained from making those throws, and the WR's from catching balls and some were plays that the DB had good coverage.  I remember a catch by Green that was an amazing throw to Green, the DB was all over him, but the throw was perfect and it allowed Green to juke him and gain an extra 3-4 yards.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

however I would be biased in my ass

You should get that looked at?

Anyway, I can't believe they're whining about us dumping our coolers on the filed.  I see teams do that all the time after games.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Miami in the 80's had a similar tradition of going into tough places and bringing a piece of the sod after a win. I believe they had it in their practice field.