• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just got the new issue of Sports Illustrated in the Mail....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

0811_large.jpg

SI cover jinx?

no way--- unless SI is trying to jinx  all these teams.....

goodscorevk2.png

goodscorevk2.7875ecf050.jpg

maybe that's what happened last year...

which one is tebow going to make out with now?

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I hope SI is trying to jinx all those teams

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

and they give us the shaft and say we will finish 3rd behind WVU and Pitt...go figure...

I wouldn't call that giving us the shaft. We were barely voted ahead of Pitt in the Big East media vote.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

and they give us the shaft and say we will finish 3rd behind WVU and Pitt...go figure...

I wouldn't call that giving us the shaft. We were barely voted ahead of Pitt in the Big East media vote.

yeah-- thinking back over our win gainst Pitt last season-- it wasn't a cake walk by any means. We were losing at halftime. We needed some seriously big plays in that game to pull away and then hang on. They are a real threat especially with that excellent running back heading into his second year. Don't look past them based on previous years-- it bit us in the ass against UConn.

• Content Count:  573

I was thinking the same thing about Pitt.  They could've beaten us last year.  Thankfully their QB made some bad mistakes ie INTs that cost them the game.  Otherwise they would've won. 

But this year we have the upperhand because it is at home and the team should be ready to play since hopefully they recognized that they almost got beat.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

no offense, but that SI cover with Teebow is homo.

i could have lived without seeing that maricon spread eagle on the cover of a magazine.

ufff.

• Content Count:  2,307

LOL

Looking at all the covers Tebow looks the most comfortable sitting on the helmet.

I think it's a cool cover though.  Maybe i'll get the issue in the mail today.

• Content Count:  7,890

0811_large.jpg

SI cover jinx?

no way--- unless SI is trying to jinx  all these teams.....

goodscorevk2.png

goodscorevk2.7875ecf050.jpg

maybe that's what happened last year...

I say the SI jinx has struck

Gators' Ingram Out For Season

ADVERTISEMENT

By KARL HYPPOLITE

Tribune correspondent

Published: August 8, 2008

GAINESVILLE - Florida's passing game just took an unexpected blow. One day after saying tight end Cornelius Ingram would have an MRI to determine the severity of a left knee injury he suffered Tuesday, Coach Urban Meyer confirmed the redshirt senior suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Ingram will miss the season.

"He was a real popular guy, and his teammates took it real hard," Meyer said. "He took it real hard, and hopefully they'll take it as a way to make the offense stronger. One guy goes down and others step up."

Ingram tore his ACL during a one-on-one drill Tuesday.

Meyer, quarterback Tim Tebow and 11 players visited Ingram late Wednesday night after the results of the MRI were released to the team.

"It's tough, because it was going to be a big year for him and he's not going to be able to experience it," Tebow said. "It's a bit of a letdown for everybody, but he's also a very resilient guy and he's going to get motivated and work and make a big impact on the next level."

Sophomore Aaron Hernandez figures to receive more playing time following Ingram's injury. The Gators intended to use a variety of two-tight-end formations featuring Ingram and Hernandez. The Hawthorne native's injury likely puts that idea to rest unless senior Tate Casey re-enters the fold after receiving a medical redshirt last season.

"I've just got to step it up, because Ingram was a great player," Hernandez said. "That guy was basically a professional athlete, and he was a great role model for me. I was just trying to learn as much as I can from him."

Ingram mulled entering his name into April's NFL draft, but decided to return for his senior season in hopes that a big year would raise his stock. Ingram caught 34 passes for 508 yards and seven touchdowns last season.

Instead of entering the 2009 NFL draft, Ingram could explore applying for a medical redshirt to try to boost his stock for the 2010 draft. Casey appears to be the best person to advise Ingram during his decision-making process.

The process of applying for a medical redshirt is convoluted, according to Casey, but it might be the best option for Ingram.

"There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes," Casey said. "It was real stressful for me, because for like eight months I didn't know if I was going to play or not. I was ready to graduate, so I had to pick up two minors and pretty much make straight-A's in classes just to have a chance. We'll see what happens."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/aug/08/sp-gators-ingram-out-for-season/?sports-colleges-gators

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

They have USF ranked #21, finishing 3rd in the conference and going to PJB. WTF?

SI has officially lost their minds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

They have USF ranked #21, finishing 3rd in the conference and going to PJB. WTF?

SI has officially lost their minds.

if we were to somehow finish third this season, I think we would be in the St. Pete bowl-- no doubt about it.

Archived