• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Commit alert!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Hes at 280lbs right now...get him close to 300 or so and we have a monster in the making. I like this.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Nice video. Looks like he needs to get off of the line a little quicker. Obviously, playing OL will be different than DT, but he seems to get by in HS off of his size and strength. Looks like a great pick up.

Someone said he just turned 16....this kid is going to be a monster. Looking at the pics of him, he is not very heavy at all, and could easily add 30 to 40 pounds to that massive frame without missing a beat.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think Mylon Brown is the OL we are recruiting who is 16.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

At 6-5" at 16-years of age, I could see him moving to OT after putting on 20-30 lbs and probably getting a couple of more inches.  He would have to get a little quicker off the line though to be a good OT.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think Mylon Brown is the OL we are recruiting who is 16.

That's another guy I hope we get.

• Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

I think you're getting mixed up what I said in the last QH.  Mylon Brown just turned 16 in July.  Kendall Kelly made the switch to OL this spring and is only beginning to learn the position.

I've been high on this kid since seeing him at SuperBull, most of you know I had him as the top OL at the camp.

Josh Newberg

USF also picked up an oral commitment Monday from Kendall Kelly, a 6-foot-6, 280-pound offensive tackle from Gainesville. "He's a big human being," Gainesville coach Ryan Smith said. "He's really liked them through the whole process, but he decided today he wanted to become a Bull. He'll be a big-time player for them."

Posted by Greg Auman at 8:51:40 PM on August 4, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/08/first-practic-1.html

Update on him by Greg:

-- More info on USF's newest commitment, tackle Kendall Kelly of Gainesville. How's this for jumping on a kid early: Kelly is coming to USF as an offensive tackle, but he's only played one year of high school football, and that was as a defensive lineman. Kelly didn't play as a freshman or sophomore at Gainesville Eastside, then made the football team as a junior at Gainesville. Showed enough in spring and at USF's "Super Bull" camp this summer that he was offered a scholarship, putting USF in rare company with Arkansas, Middle Tennessee and Ohio. Bigger programs were on him -- Florida, Florida State and Louisville, for instance -- but this is another kid where USF is identifying someone before he's really established himself as a proven high school star. "I feel my potential is high," said Kelly, who said he already has a bond with o-line coach Mike Simmonds. "I liked the coaches, and see it as an up-and-coming school," he said. "The location is like right down the street." Speaking of which, Kelly said his commitment to USF is a firm one, even if the Gators come calling down the road ...

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/08/be-prepared-to.html

• Content Count:  2,484

the kid will be 3 bills before he even steps foot on campus as a student

• Content Count:  19,229

This sounds more and more like a great get.

Heck... he could play almost any position with that lean 280.  He could get stronger and stay the same and play DL.  Get stronger and larger and play OL.  He looks to be that perfect combination of height and body frame.  Can't wait to see how he turns out.

Archived