• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More preseason rankings out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,496
  • Days Won:  10

Pugh has USF #17, with projected losses vs. KU and at WVU.

http://www.compughterratings.com/2008PreseasonTop25.htm

Imes' Comprank has us at #10, ahead of UF:

http://www.comprank.com/NCAAF/curr_ratings.html

Entropy System (Doktor) has us at #26:

http://sports.sw-tech.com/pre08.html

Marsee has us at #11:

http://www.marsee.net/08rnk.txt

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Hah, that 2nd guy has the state of Florida this way:  USF (10), UF (11), FSU (29), UCF (33), FAU (44), Miami (90!!), FIU (115).  How's that for respect?  Oh, and Miami = ouch.

Nice average.  I think there is little chance we begin this season unranked.  That should make our Kansas game a higher profile (assuming we beat UCF, of course).

• Content Count:  1,254

Hah, that 2nd guy has the state of Florida this way:  USF (10), UF (11), FSU (29), UCF (33), FAU (44), Miami (90!!), FIU (115).  How's that for respect?  Oh, and Miami = ouch.

Nice average.  I think there is little chance we begin this season unranked.  That should make our Kansas game a higher profile (assuming we beat UCF, of course).

We'll I'm not going to take much into account of what this guys says. For one thing we sure didn't do enough at the end of last season to warrant a #10 ranking. UCF at 33? Give me a break. Their entire team left with one guy. As for Miami number 90 I can't quite agree. They will always be tough. Lastly as much as I hate the Gators, they are far superior to any other team in Florida and we have no business being ranked ahead of them.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

We'll I'm not going to take much into account of what this guys says. For one thing we sure didn't do enough at the end of last season to warrant a #10 ranking. UCF at 33? Give me a break. Their entire team left with one guy. As for Miami number 90 I can't quite agree. They will always be tough. Lastly as much as I hate the Gators, they are far superior to any other team in Florida and we have no business being ranked ahead of them.

this.

• Content Count:  14

With all due respect, I have no idea how USF can be ranked ahead of Florida in any pre season poll this year.  Our offense is absurd; we have the #1 Qb (and player in Tebow, with Percy Harvin right behind.  We have the fastest team in the nation.  Yes, our defense was so-so last year, but it will be better this year.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

With all due respect, I have no idea how USF can be ranked ahead of Florida in any pre season poll this year.  Our offense is absurd; we have the #1 Qb (and player in Tebow, with Percy Harvin right behind.  We have the fastest team in the nation.  Yes, our defense was so-so last year, but it will be better this year.

I am sure your defense is better this year, but that does remain to be seen. Your offense is sick. I would take our D over yours, and give the nod to your O over ours. But it all remains to be seen. That is why we play the games.

• Content Count:  14

Agreed.  Good luck this year.

• Content Count:  2,461

this.

clintonpointthishn1.jpg

/haha I hate Clinton but love using that

• Content Count:  12,293

i agree...florida gators are the best team in the state...however, rankings rarely put teams in order by the talent of the team.  its all about wins and losses and maybe this guy is just thinking that with the schedule we play vs what the gators have to play that we might be 1 or 2 games better then them in the loss column.

either way...its still july and rankings dont mean a whole heckuva lot right right

Archived