• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Four Questions for you from knight_fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  289
  • Days Won:  0

1.  How's the OL? (Who graduated?  Who's filling in?  What's the depth/experience like?)

2.  How's the DL? (Same as above?)

3.  Who's going to be your starting LB corps?  (McKenzie is a good one and is back.  How are the other slots and depth?)

4.  Who's going to replace your corner backs?  (They both got drafted right?)

• Content Count:  12,293

mmmmm...ok...

we still beat you by 30

is that what you want to hear?

3200 posts and these are the questions you ask?

hmmmm

• Content Count:  2,478

mmmmm...ok...

we still beat you by 30

hmmmm

Hey, man be classy about it man. I can understand if it was WVUStateChump or w/e but these were decent questions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

mmmmm...ok...

we still beat you by 30

hmmmm

Hey, man be classy about it man. I can understand if it was WVUStateChump or w/e but these were decent questions.

Beat me to it ...... and I'm not sure why his post count came into play.  :-\

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

OL should be good.  We lost Nick Capogna our Center to Graduation, but he missed quite a few games last year with injuries.  Other than Freshman Mark Popek, this will be a seasoned group.  

DL should be good as well.  Aaron Harris, Jarrett Buie, George Selvie all return.  We'll need some youngsters to step up and provide depth, but we should be OK inside.  David Bedford and Craig Marshall will help out on the Outside.

LBs should be as good as last year in my opinion.  T-Mac returns but will play the Middle.  He's a tackling machine, so there should be no dropoff.  Brouce Mompremier will be on one side and he started all of the games last season.  The other starting LB will likely either be Juco transfer Kion Wilson or Freak Athlete Chris Robinson.  The issue here will be depth.  Losing Donte Spires leaves a hole but it will be filled with younger guys who haven't proven anything yet on the big stage.

DBs will be green, but not as green as you might think.  Leavitt and Burnham always played our backups every 3rd series it seemed last year, so Tyler Roberts and Jerome Murphy saw plenty of playing time.  Both also played nickle at times last year.  Both are super athletic, so I'm expecting a dropoff, but not a big one.  Again depth could be an issue.  Tyson Butler and Quentin Washington would be next in line most likely and they have no experience.  Good thing is our Safeties are one of the stronger groups behind them, so if they make a mistake guys like Nate Allen, Carlton Williams, Louis Gachette, or Danny Verpaele should be there for support.

Hope that answers your questions.        

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'll play.

1. OL- the top 6 linemen are 4 seniors, a junior and a sophomore.  CJL admits there is a lack of depth.  Expect to see RS freshmen Jeremiah Warren and Kevin McCaskill get playing time on the interior.  True freshmen Damien Edwards and Mark Popek may get time at Tackle.

2. DL- Consensus All-American George Selvie returns.  The other starting DE Jarriet Buie will be eligible if he graduates by end of summer which he is expected to do.  The top backups will be incoming JUCOs David Bedford and Craig Marshall.  Bedford had a ton of sacks last year at JUCO and Marshall is big and could play inside on passing downs.  At DT we lost several players including starter Richard Clebert.  However, Aaron Harris (he had 3 sacks against UCF) returns as does top backup Terrel McClain who played last year as a true freshman.  Expected to be a starter is converted-OL Sampson Genus who is one of the strongest players on the team and had a huge spring game, he is a sophomore.  RS freshmen, Darren Powe and David Fonus may also get playing time.

3. LB - McKenzie moved inside.  Brouce Mompremier is at the one OLB slot and Chris Robinson ( a freshman all-american in 2006 but was hurt most of last year) will be at the other.  The top backups will be Sabbath Joseph, Kion Wilson and Alonzo McQueen.

4. DB - at CB, both Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams are gone to the NFL.  In their place will be senior Tyler Roberts and Junior Jerome Murphy.  Both have had a lot of playing time, but I believe only have 1 start between them.  The top backups will be RS freshmen Tyson Butler and Quenton Washington.  Coaches have had high praise for Washington, and Murphy could be special.  At Safety we have a lot of depth.  Last year's starters, Nate Allen and Carlton Williams, return.  As does Kevin (?) Verpaele who was ineligible last season but was a freshman all-american in 2005.  Louis Gachette is also in the safety and can do some damage on the blitz.

Except for 2004 our defenses have always been pretty good.  With Selvie, McKenzie and Allen I expect this unit to be solid.  IF Genus, Robinson and Murphy get to the next level then this defense could be the best we have had.

• Content Count:  3,574

Hey look... it's the guy from the top unknown grad school.  Long time no see.

BullMedic - this guy goes back to the Dumbgeon.  A very classy one.

Anyway, to answer your questions.

1. Everyone is back minus one. Depth is a concern, but should only be a concern versus our tougher opponents (those in the BCS).

2. Young in the middle, but experienced on the outside.

3. LB has never been an issue at USF since I can remember (2001). Look for Mompremier, Robinson, and Wilson to fill the other two spots.

4. Murphy and Roberts... they both have experience.

post count came into play because for 3000 posts i think i would remember his name but this is the first time i can recall seeing it (meaning it probably wasnt always his name)

now if he is indeed a good UCF poster wanting to discuss actually football then i welcome him with open arms but the problem is that he would be the first one to come here and make that many posts since i have been around.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

post count came into play because for 3000 posts i think i would remember his name but this is the first time i can recall seeing it (meaning it probably wasnt always his name)

now if he is indeed a good UCF poster wanting to discuss actually football then i welcome him with open arms but the problem is that he would be the first one to come here and make that many posts since i have been around.

I think he's been k_f pretty much as long as I can remember but mainly posted on the other boards .... As long as he's not on this board with anything outrageous it should be no problem.

well if he is in that dumbgeon or whatever it is...then thats why he can get 3000K without me seein him.  no interest in 40 posts pissing any moaning about usf/ucf

Archived