• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we have a True FR play in 2008 ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I really think our depth has gotten much better and don't expect any to play.

maybe on special teams but not many.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Check it out - I was getting gas at a station in Miami near Coconut Grove, and this kid comes up to me and asks if I go to USF. (My truck is still decked out with USF all over it). He points to his friend in the car, who gets out and says "I'm going there to play football this year." Lo and behold, it was George Baker! He's a really nice guy, we talked for a good ten minutes outside the pump. He's excited about coming, and he really seemed to like the other players and Leavitt. Of course, hopefully that's what a commit would say, but he was quite genuine. I think he's going to make an excellent Bull.

Well, he did decommit from Auburn to play for USF, so that alone says quite a bit.

The decommitment could say two things: 1) He really likes USF enough to come here from Auburn.  2) His commitment could change again. 

It depends on whether you look at it from a normal view (1) or a smazza view (2).   ;)

Well, he signed with us (never signed with Auburn), so i doubt its changing again, although i suppse he could transfer.

• Content Count:  4,879

yes, popek.  bank on it.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

It seems like we always have a few true freshman play.  I think Popek is guaranteed playing time, while the DT position would need some of the youngsters to step up early as well.

• Content Count:  19,229

My guess is that Maikon Bonani will see some action this year at PK, leaving Delbert to focus on the Punting, and Teachey kicking off.

• Content Count:  9,038

Check it out - I was getting gas at a station in Miami near Coconut Grove, and this kid comes up to me and asks if I go to USF. (My truck is still decked out with USF all over it). He points to his friend in the car, who gets out and says "I'm going there to play football this year." Lo and behold, it was George Baker! He's a really nice guy, we talked for a good ten minutes outside the pump. He's excited about coming, and he really seemed to like the other players and Leavitt. Of course, hopefully that's what a commit would say, but he was quite genuine. I think he's going to make an excellent Bull.

Well, he did decommit from Auburn to play for USF, so that alone says quite a bit.

The decommitment could say two things: 1) He really likes USF enough to come here from Auburn.  2) His commitment could change again. 

It depends on whether you look at it from a normal view (1) or a smazza view (2).   ;)

Well, he signed with us (never signed with Auburn), so i doubt its changing again, although i suppse he could transfer.

Once a prospect signs his LOI, he must play for/attend that school for one full year before he can do anything else.  That is some guys are quick to make Verbals and even Writtens, but hesitate on Signing Day.

• Content Count:  1,894

I hope they throw Baker in and let him learn from the experience. We could be dealing with another MJ here.

• Content Count:  12,293

yes, i think its KEY to our recruiting that we continue to give 2 or 3 true freshman some decent playing time each year.  now im not saying they need to start but on the 2deep.  plus, these guys should be talented enough (our top recruits anyways) to be able to come in and contribute right away on some level.

Okay... I guess I am confused -- I don't really follow USF recruiting...

It would be great if Baker would redshirt...  with Ford and Taylor as true sophomores we could use a second season post-Ford with Baker as the go-to guy.

although there are rumblings of a proposal to do away with redshirt seasons - letting players play all five seasons (if they graduate in four).

Baker is a CB.

Of course you're right... I was thinking of the new RB we have committed for 09.

It depends on whether you look at it from a normal view (1) or a smazza view (2).  ;)

Yeah, I thought this was someone else...

LOL.

Archived