• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bad time of year to be in El Paso Juarez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D91HA6BO1&show_article=1

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) - Police say 20 people have been killed in less than three days in this crime-ridden border city's latest wave of violence.

State police spokesman Cesar Ramirez says a father and son who were killed at their home while sleeping were among the victims. A third victim was a man whose body was cut up in pieces and dumped in an empty lot.

Ramirez says that this year alone more than 500 people have been killed in Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas. The city is home to the powerful Juarez drug cartel and has been among the hardest-hit cities in an explosion of violence across Mexico.

President Felipe Calderon has deployed 25,000 troops across the country to wrest territory from drug gangs, which have fought back with bold attacks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D91HA6BO1&show_article=1

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) - Police say 20 people have been killed in less than three days in this crime-ridden border city's latest wave of violence.

State police spokesman Cesar Ramirez says a father and son who were killed at their home while sleeping were among the victims. A third victim was a man whose body was cut up in pieces and dumped in an empty lot.

Ramirez says that this year alone more than 500 people have been killed in Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas. The city is home to the powerful Juarez drug cartel and has been among the hardest-hit cities in an explosion of violence across Mexico.

President Felipe Calderon has deployed 25,000 troops across the country to wrest territory from drug gangs, which have fought back with bold attacks.

guess i was one of the lucky survivors.

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

never again... no chance I will ever try to live that experience twice.

• Content Count:  5,241

As long as my loyal amigo taxi driver Gilbert is alive, Ill be ok

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Man, our cab driver tried to talk us into letting him take us to Juarez on NYE (well actually about 2am New Year's Day).  Glad that we, even in our drunken state, declined.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

it took me a few minutes to be ok with just getting out of the car for a picture at the border at night...didn't have time to go over the border during the day and not crazy enough to do it at night. El Paso reminded me way too much of Jersey City to take any chances.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2,527

I was over there until 4 am and had a great time.  Most everyone was very nice.  I felt safer sitting on the corner drinking a beer at 2 am than I would in Tampa.

My friend & I had a cab driver offer to take us to a "club" and he drove us out of town into the middle of nowhere, I was afraid at that point, but we actually got treated like royalty, nice time.

Guess it's liike anywhere else, wrong place at the wrong time / dealing with the wrong people, you can end up dead.  Happens in the U.S. too.

I was over there until 4 am and had a great time.  Most everyone was very nice.  I felt safer sitting on the corner drinking a beer at 2 am than I would in Tampa.

My friend & I had a cab driver offer to take us to a "club" and he drove us out of town into the middle of nowhere, I was afraid at that point, but we actually got treated like royalty, nice time.

Guess it's liike anywhere else, wrong place at the wrong time / dealing with the wrong people, you can end up dead.  Happens in the U.S. too.

Was "that club" called the pink lady?

• Content Count:  2,527

Was "that club" called the pink lady?

Don't remember, but I'm sure it had the word lady in it somewhere.  ;)

'I "accidentally" ended up there when our cabbie misunderstood us. Apparently, "Take us back to America" means sketchy brothel in 3rd world ghetto" in spanish.

Archived