• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt on the QB situation

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

I doubt more garbage time for Banks in 2002 would have helped our current situation, the real failure was not being able to recruit a I-A caliber QB.  

ding! ding! ding! We have a winner!

That's it plain and simple, sportsfans. CJL always knows the talent level he had to work with. MB was able to scramble around- and make things happen -  if the fit hit the shan. These guys can't do that. End of story.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

ding! ding! ding! We have a winner!

That's it plain and simple, sportsfans. CJL always knows the talent level he had to work with. MB was able to scramble around- and make things happen -  if the fit hit the shan. These guys can't do that. End of story.

then go to a more run oriented offense at least it would keep the D fresh

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

More time for Banks? BULL!!! He had all the time last year and this year too! In other programs, he'd be picking up the dirty jocks after the game! Ya gotta go with people that want to play. Ronnie is D1AA at best. He's had his chances...numerous times!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Between smazza and lotsofbull99 you guys would make a great team wine.  JL tells it like it is and smazza you say its stupid and lotsof bull99 you say its distrubing sign and hes not doing anything to resolve it ?  Pleeeazzzzz . I guess you clowns are the only ones that can "tell it like it is"  Should he say our QBs are great ?  NO, I guess he should give you boobs a call and ask what he should do.  Of course neither one of you have seen a practice or coached a QB at D-1 level but I know you will have all the answers.  Dam JL is really dumb for not calling the guys with all the answers or maybe he knows that all you have is hot air.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Dam JL is really dumb for not calling the guys with all the answers or maybe he knows that all you have is hot air.

**** straight dabull...I will be expecting a call before each and every game and play for the remainder of the season.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Well nothing has changed from last year! Maybe input from somebody would help!!

Guest FreaKnight!

I think last year USF was able to insert the ultimate gimmick artist at QB with Brian Fisher when the offense stalled with Banks at the helm.  He helped kick start USF's offense, especially when he lined up under center and forced opposing defenses to change their defensive scheme.

I am surprised USF wasn't able to get a stud QB last year out of HS to push Julmiste and Banksl and then Kraky didn't pan out.  I really thought he was going to be a good one for you guys.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

NO, I guess he should give you boobs a call and ask what he should do.  Of course neither one of you have seen a practice or coached a QB at D-1 level

No, but I bet one of them did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night........

Guest wildrover
Between smazza and lotsofbull99 you guys would make a great team wine.  JL tells it like it is and smazza you say its stupid and lotsof bull99 you say its distrubing sign and hes not doing anything to resolve it ?  Pleeeazzzzz . I guess you clowns are the only ones that can "tell it like it is"  Should he say our QBs are great ?  NO, I guess he should give you boobs a call and ask what he should do.  Of course neither one of you have seen a practice or coached a QB at D-1 level but I know you will have all the answers.  Dam JL is really dumb for not calling the guys with all the answers or maybe he knows that all you have is hot air.

I think JL may say it like it is, what is disturbing is his apparent acceptance of the bad situation.  I think most if not all of us would stop doubting his ability if we saw some sort of indication that the problems were being addressed.  I don't see that, and it doesn't take a D1 coach to know that if the system has not shown any sign of life after an entire season plus two games maybe its time to change the system.  Whats that cliched definiton of insainity, Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.  I'm kinda getting to the point where we are doing the same thing over and over again and expecting them to finally get it.  Well if it hasn't happened yet, why should we think it will?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Can Ronnie Banks play defense?

He would be the only player in college history to get sacked on defense.