• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We landed another verbal (maybe)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Don't want to take away from anyone's excitement, but

(a) I haven't seen him reported as a commitment anywhere but on his bio page

and

(B) as far as that ESPN 150 Watch List, there are 1,400 kids on the list. It's a lot to watch. So only the best 11 percent or so of the kids on the watch list will actually make the top 150 ...

You can always give him a call. Here are his telephone numbers:

Tyrone Williams

I wouldn't post recruits info on the boards.  Someone might actually call him.  It could be a potential recruiting violation.

I removed it. But, it's shown on his coach's website.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Don't want to take away from anyone's excitement, but

(a) I haven't seen him reported as a commitment anywhere but on his bio page

and

(B) as far as that ESPN 150 Watch List, there are 1,400 kids on the list. It's a lot to watch. So only the best 11 percent or so of the kids on the watch list will actually make the top 150 ...

You can always give him a call. Here are his telephone numbers:

Tyrone Williams

I wouldn't post recruits info on the boards.  Someone might actually call him.  It could be a potential recruiting violation.

I removed it. But, it's shown on his coach's website.

Good point, but better safe than sorry  ;)

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

we need 4 star lb's

this kid is no stars

We need four star LB's like Tyrone McKenzie, Stephen Nicholas, Ben Moffitt, and Mompremier?

Yeah, sometimes these asinine stereotypical points become mind-numbing.  I think by now people recognize that Coach Burnham is one of the premier coaches at 'coaching up' linebackers.  Stop becoming an internet star belly freak, and recognize that if a kid is good enough for Burnham then he's good enough for us!

• Content Count:  1,797

Actually, I think Bogan went to Thomas County Central HS not Thomasville HS.  They are big rivals, however that doesn't mean that they don't know each other off the field.  I like getting players from Thomasville.  It is one of those "Drinking towns with a football problem."  Both public schools are always good and so is the private school (Brookwood Academy).  I wouldn't mind adding another player or two from south GA.  After watching HS ball there for 9 years, I know how football crazy those places are.  the hidden gems that can be found.  The biggest problem is getting them qualified.

Normal

• Content Count:  99

He will be a Bull.  His highlights are sick,  If he grows an inch or two he would easily be a 4 star

• 2 weeks later...

Lost in the shuffle yesterday, is that he is one of the six verbals to USF.

Welcome aboard.

• Content Count:  206

Well said Bien,    if you care about stars.......they're giving smazza his own board so you can go be negative with him in there.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

we need 4 star lb's

this kid is no stars

We need four star LB's like Tyrone McKenzie, Stephen Nicholas, Ben Moffitt, and Mompremier?

Yeah, sometimes these asinine stereotypical points become mind-numbing.  I think by now people recognize that Coach Burnham is one of the premier coaches at 'coaching up' linebackers.  Stop becoming an internet star belly freak, and recognize that if a kid is good enough for Burnham then he's good enough for us!

i guess you couldnt see  my sarcasm mr bean. quit attacking people and actually provide something informative

• Content Count:  4,016

we need 4 star lb's

this kid is no stars

i guess you couldnt see  my sarcasm mr bean. quit attacking people and actually provide something informative

Yeah the sacrasm you provided was so blatantly apparent.  Sounded more like a silly steve mazza post. 

BTW, and most will attest, I've got more information in my pinky finger then in your entire 20 something body.

• 3 months later...

Published September 10, 2008 10:43 pm

xl

Thomasville senior linebacker Tyrone Williams has already committed to South Florida.

Clint Thompson / Times-Enterprise

In tune on defense

Bulldogs’ Williams making impact at linebacker

Clint Thompson

THOMASVILLE — There is nothing Thomasville coach Richie Marsh doesn’t like about linebacker Tyrone Williams — except, maybe, that he’s a senior.

“First of all, that’s a kid that I truly love to death,†Marsh said. “He’s a kid that has always put our program first. He’s a kid that has grown on me that I’m not liking the fact that he’s a senior. Some kids, they come through the program and they’ve always got a smile on their face and you just love to be around them. That’s the type of kid he is off the field.â€

On the field, Williams possesses speed, tremendous size and a knack for getting to the ball.

“He’s got great speed,†Thomasville defensive coordinator Lamar Landing said. “He’s a legitimate 4.5 kid. With his size and running, he plays very well on the run.

“He can come downhill, and he can run. Some things as a linebacker, you say they either have it or they don’t. If they don’t have it, you can’t teach it. He has it, so I don’t have to do a lot of teaching.â€

Williams’ return to the Bulldogs’ defense this year softened the blow of losing three starters from last year’s corps. Williams and junior Lanoris Christopher anchor a defense that has surrendered just 23 points in two games.

“I think Tyrone’s done a great job,†Landing said. “Him and Lanoris together — the linebackers on the defense are like the quarterbacks on offense, they make all the calls. He’s really in tune with what he’s doing. He’s got some God-given abilities. He’s displaying that.

“I think we’ve still got some good things left to see out of him. I don’t think we’ve saw the best out of him yet.â€

Williams’ next opportunity to shine comes Friday night at West Thomas Stadium against the Cairo Syrupmakers, No. 2 in Class AAA. While Thomasville (0-2) is still looking for its first win, Williams believes the Bulldogs are close.

“There’s a couple of things we’ve got to get better on,†Williams said. “We’re getting better each game at a time. I thought we got a little better this game. I think we’re going to see a big improvement in this game coming up.â€

Williams has seen tremendous improvement since he first donned the Thomasville colors as a freshman. Next year, though, he’ll be wearing the green and gold of the South Florida Bulls.

“He’s going to be a solid college prospect, there’s no doubt,†Landing noted. “He’s got a great frame to build on. He’s going to get a lot bigger. His speed will even come down more when he gets in a running program in college and gets a little bit stronger. He’s going to be a very solid college prospect.â€

http://www.timesenterprise.com/sports/local_story_254224340.html

Archived