• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to turn up the heat on Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Can't eat soup with a fork  :P

Go BULLS !!!

Sure you can it just takes longer.  Thus enjoying the flavor. :o :o

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Its not often that I agree with EVERY SINGLE reply to a post....

But this one, I do.

I've been against the spread offense since I started watching USF football(pre Marquel Blackwell). Say all you want about how it can be sucessful. The fact of the matter is, it's a gimmick offense. The word "spread" is just a nice way of saying "run and shoot", and we know how many teams run that offense nowadays....

The fact is we averaged 4.3 yds/carry and 3.2 yds/reception as a team. Yet, we passed the ball 30 times and ran it 21.  Now, I know the game was out of hand, but if we couldve pounded it early, it mightve been a closer score....at the very least.

Oh, and on 3rd and 2, when Crossley is averaging 6 yds/carry, DO not throw the ball deep. Especially if Ronnie Banks is your QB. Period.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think that anybody needs to turn up the heat on coach L.  I'm sure he is doing it enough already on his own.  

I agree yesterday's game was extremely frustrating and embarrasing to listen to, but the season is still young.  I want to see progress.  Let's hope we have a better showing against TCU.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

I bet Leavitt's stock (coaching somewhere else) is going down.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

great idea.. a sweaty group hug... 4-7...

Knight fans are proof that misery loves company ;D

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Hobbie is the root of all evil.

Leavitt needs to get some balls and fire him now.  Not at the end of the season but now.  Let Smith ride out the rest of the season and if he can't get it done then an new OC needs to come on board.  If that OC can't get it done then we need to start questioning Leavitt.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Oh, and on 3rd and 2, when Crossley is averaging 6 yds/carry, DO not throw the ball deep. Especially if Ronnie Banks is your QB. Period.

And the pass wasn't even close.  I was there.  You should have seen the fans, we were livid.  We couldn't believe Hobbie called that play when Ronnie had already threw away two or three other long bombs.  I don't know how it sounded on the radio, but I can guarantee you Banks was not close on any of the long bombs.  Pat was not any more impressive looking.  

Leavitt definitely needs to make some adjustments if he wants to continue being the God we all think he is.  Hall should be getting at least 25 carries a game, he is a horse.  He ran over a couple of guys last night and it was beautiful.  The penalties were bad, but of course, those SEC officials see ALL the penalties in the trenches when we commit them.  Fumbling killed us also.  All in all it was a very ugly game after the first quarter.  the defense got tired.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Leavitt does need to change things in house with the play calling ... have a talk with Franks & Hobbie.

Go BULLS !!!