• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this Shoop?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Why would USF put up a picture of the crowd with

1) obviously NOT students and...

We're not marketing to students.

2) half of the people being our opposing fans???

First, half the people visible in that pic aren't opposing fans. Second, as has been pointed out, the only ones who would notice, and care, about the opposing fans are the anal retentive types on this board and WVU fans. Since our colors are green and GOLD, the 'eers fans wearing gold blend right in. The few wearing blue are a non-factor.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

No, we're not marketing to the students, but do you think Duke would use some late 20's early 30's fan section, or the Cameron Crazies?

Your best fans are your students, show them.  And not the beef studs/curtains. 

Overanalyzing it or not, there has to be a meeting where someone says "ok, so is this going to be our final picture?"

and someone who should be over analytical, because thats their job, should say "um, no! There are about 7 West Virginia fans in the back, and I think we would be better off with a few young students, skirts, green tank tops, smiling, laughing, throwing bull signs, etc". 

Maybe not in those words but you know what i mean.  Its just a boring picture to me. 

for the record, I dont know who Shoop is and those people in the picture, they look like nice people, just not who should be used for that poster.  Not a big deal.   

No, we're not marketing to the students, but do you think Duke would use some late 20's early 30's fan section, or the Cameron Crazies?

Your best fans are your students, show them.  And not the beef studs/curtains. 

Excuse me?  First, let me say many, many, many students are great fans... and so are many, many, many alumni...

I would challenge you to provide some kind of scale against which you can claim students are the "best fans" versus alumni or local community residents.

In reality, students are no better nor worse than alumni.

Besides, if you didn't know where those seats were, I am willing to bet you couldn't tell they weren't students -- the average age of a USF student is 26, after all.

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

That would be bsrn12, bigeastbeasts, yours truly, and jerseybull.

I'm famous.............AGAIN. As for Eats It, Bulliever, and the rest of the gay jokes..........you're all ********! :)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

If my royalties check isn't in the mail I want them to remove my fat drunken face from that picture!!!

• Content Count:  760

I dont know if saying the students are your best fans is correct, but the University is about the students. If you want to get these posters out and around campus, you need to have atleast one that focuses on students. Alumni had their time to be on posters and other marketing stuff (granted most alum never had a football team), its the students time while they are here to get that kind of exposure.

And i agree, no beef studs. It gets old.

To me, marketing is still not where it needs to be. I think there needs to be more die-hard fans working for marketing. Then they would be overly critical and notice the little things that this board points out.

• Content Count:  1,297

Is that section 124?  I remember that long thin line of yellow sitting behind me and to my right.  Boy what a sad group of hill-billies that was.  We were pretty much dogging them the entire time.  Good times.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Its Section 125. From everything I've been reading on here it appears that there are a lot of season tickets being sold in 124 and 125, so hopefully we won't have anymore instances of visiting fans in the South Endzone, especially now that the corner to our right isn't allotted for visitor tickets anymore.

• Content Count:  12,293

Besides, if you didn't know where those seats were, I am willing to bet you couldn't tell they weren't students -- the average age of a USF student is 26, after all.

you are reaching here Jim.  its pretty obvious this picture is not the student section.  also, i would say the average age of a USF student who sits in the USF student section at football games is probably more like 20-22.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It's 125.  You can tell because it doesn't look as cool as 124.  Close, but no cigar.

Archived