• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays get no support...........no difference between Tampa and miami market

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

Where can you catch the Rays on TV/internet? I have no way of getting to games but I LOVE watching the Rays play whenever I catch them on ESPN (which is very, very rare).

if you live in the tampa bay area and have bright house...just about every game is on either ch 17 or 39.

I think there's something like 20 that aren't televised, including every home Saturday game that starts at 6 ..... There are a decent amount that are also on Chennel 718 or 719 in high def, which is pretty sweet.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

I've said it already once, but this is directed to those of you that say the location of the stadium isn't an issue.  IF IT WASN'T AN ISSUE, YOU WOULDN'T HEAR SO MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.  Whether or not YOU believe that it's a problem, obviously it is for a lot of other people.  It's that simple.  I still go to 10 to 20 games EVERY season, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would go to a lot more if the stadium was closer to Hillsborough.   

The Rays got 10k yesterday for a Wednesday afternoon game and people are ******** about it.  I don't see what's wrong with those numbers.  People work during the week in case the national media forgot.  Not everyone is made of money and can go to events whenever they want.  The media just likes to concentrate on the negative whenever they can to make a story.  We all know this.  Like others have already said, you don't start having 30k+ crowds for every game after you've been a losing franchise for 11 years.  It takes time.  We're only two months into the season.  It will get better with time.

Smazza once again comes through with a ridiculous post.  Six words and he can't even type them all correctly.  If you really are 51 and living in Cali, you have ZERO ties or interest in the Rays.  When you were growing up the Rays weren't even an idea.  Hell, black and white tv's were still state of the art when you were young.  I've seen you post your brilliant "contract the team in Tampa" line before.  They're not even in Tampa dude.  Seriously man, sometimes you just need to leave a topic you know nothing about, and doesn't affect you in the least, alone.

Oh yeah, to answer your question Bulls 8_va I was born in St. Pete, raised in Sarasota and have been in Tampa since 2000.  Tampa Bay native through and through.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

born in dunedin raised in ft laud

• Content Count:  398

I was born and raised in Orlando, and then I came to Tampa to attend USF.

• Content Count:  3,574

Born in Kendall (SW of Miami)...

Raised in Miami Beach...

High School in Cooper City...

College in Tampa...

Grad School in North Carolina...

Start Career in Boston.

I'm working my way up the east coast ;)

• Content Count:  12,293

I think there's something like 20 that aren't televised, including every home Saturday game that starts at 6 ..... There are a decent amount that are also on Chennel 718 or 719 in high def, which is pretty sweet.

per fox's agreement with the MLB (which sucks) is that ANY saturday game that starts after 1pm or before 7pm HAS TO BE blacked out.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

But now-a-days our star players are complete NO-NAMES!!! I mean...I've been a Marlins fan since the beginning and cant believe that my teams star players are Dan Uggla and Hanley Ramirez!!! lol

Who the heck are they!  lol 

WHo is Hanley Ramirez?  Are you joking?  Only the guy you traded Mike Lowell and Josh Beckett for!!!!  The guy is a complete stud and plays shortstop!  And if you dont know Dan Uggla, you dont watch baseball.  Far from NO-NAMES.  you sure you;re a marlins fan??

Its simple folks...do yourselves a favor and go to a Yankee, Mets, Cubs or Red Sox game one day in your lives in their respective city and see what real MLB is all about.  People actually like baseball and every pitch counts.  Going to a Rays game is like going to a USF football game 5 years ago and watching the frats hang out at the pirate ship.  Your fans are to say it in the nicest way, a disgrace.  As an outsider not from the state I would say the worst sports cities in the country are Miami, Tampa and Atlanta.  I feel for you guys.  The Rays are my 2nd team and I bet I have been to more home games than most fans.  Thats 4 so far this year.  I live in Tampa, 20-25 minutes away. 

It must be the water. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

little more to my rant...was at the Orioles game a week or so ago and was sitting in right field.  Myself and a few in teh section started getting on Nick Markakis.  Doesnt make it a fun environments when you yell "Markakis your a one year wonder, you bum" and you get a dirty look from fellow hometown fans.  I feel like im yelling at the library, this is a ball game for God sake. 

i didnt care and kept yelling, but I dont like to feel guilty. 

• Content Count:  4,879

most groundswells of fans for perinniel losers has happened after about 50-60 games.  Check back in  Aug.

• Content Count:  4,738

for the record...i live in brandon...according to mapquest i live 26.3 miles from the Trop.  it takes me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to a game.  traffic at 5:30 on 275 is awful.

you should head south on 75 and take the skyway.

I will try to make more games this year.

Since the year I graduated high school when I went to 10 games that summer,  I have only went to a game every couple of years.  But I support baseball as much as i do the bucs, as i have not been to one of their games in probably 4 or 5 years.

Went to a game in the yankees series.  Funny to see the NY fans cheering but not wearing the yankees garb(age).  I wanted to make this Saturday game but not sure it will happen. 

Hopefully with a pregnant wife and USF season tickets I can make about 5 games this year.

Archived