• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Rays get no support...........no difference between Tampa and miami market

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It takes about an hour from Dallas to get to the Ballpark on weekdays.

Yes, the location is more central, but it's also off one of the worst freeways in the US.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Marlins - Can't draw flies after winning two world series.

Rays - Can't draw flies after sucking for 11 straight years.

However... Which team would you expect to be drawing larger crowds?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,372
  • Days Won:  13

Marlins - Can't draw flies after winning two world series.

Rays - Can't draw flies after sucking for 11 straight years.

However... Which team would you expect to be drawing larger crowds?

both area's have crappy fans.

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Way too many transplants in Florida.

Miami = International

Tampa = The rest of the country

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,211
  • Days Won:  422

Once again. A Tampa ballpark isn't happening.

It's a bad excuse.

You know how long it takes to get the the Ballpark at Arlington? or Kaufman stadium?

There are over a million people in St Pete.

People in Dallas make the 45 minute drive nightly to get to the Ballpark at Arlington.

The Rays have just been so awful for so long that they have never built a fanbase.

The fans will come, but people in the bay area need to understand and quit complaining about the location of the team.

Thay are not coming across the bay, Tampa had said they don't have the land or money, Hillsborough is still paying millions for RJS, and then the Yankees threatening to pull a HUGE money maker like Sping Training hurts the chances too.

Now get out to the ballpark!

Arlington is a bad example. It's sits in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. 12 miles from FW. 20 miles from Dallas. It's smack dab in the middle of approximately 6 million people. The city of St Pete has 250k residents. St Pete-Clearwater-Tampa has 2.7 million people and the Trop is at the very south end of this metropolitan area. It was a mistake to build the dome that far south. Should have been built for better access from hillsborough and north pinellas. If they build a new stadium where they propose it will only be worse. no closer to the population base and further off the interstate with little to no parking.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone with some sense about this topic. The TV ratings prove that this town is following and supporting the Rays. The support has yet to trinkle into attendance cuz of the proximity of the stadium to the major metro part of our area. (TAMPA).

But from the reports I have heard, the TV ratings are through the roof compared to what it has been in the past!

Probably because a lot are in high def now ....  ;)

• Content Count:  2,726

Way too many transplants in Florida.

Miami = International

Tampa = The rest of the country

You guys are absolutely right.

However, there is one major thing that is different between the Marlins lack of fans and the Rays.

IF the Marlins would KEEP their players, such as: Mike Lowell, Josh Beckett, D-Train, Cabrera, Carlos Delgado, Paul LoDuca, Derrek Lee...etc.  (The list goes on) Then we would have a FAN-BASE that would come and watch regularly, because they'd be familiar with the players and would have grown attached.  But now-a-days our star players are complete NO-NAMES!!! I mean...I've been a Marlins fan since the beginning and cant believe that my teams star players are Dan Uggla and Hanley Ramirez!!! lol

Who the heck are they!  lol 

The Marlins pay out the ass to get Dolphins Stadium much like USF pays the Glazers for RayJay.  The Fish don't make much money off of the ballpark.  When they do get their OWN ballpark(2011) then the franchise will begin to KEEP its players.  Right now its been in a 3 year rotation, once the rookies get beyond the 3-yr mark, they can negotiate their salaries and other teams will always offer more than the marlins because they simply don't have the $$$.

It is AMAZING that the Marlins have been able to win TWO World Championships by doing what they do.  To be honest, you have to applaud the Marlins Scouts for continuously picking PRIME talent for the team and supplying MLB with its future stars.  lol

The Rays on the other hand have just stunk and - quite frankly - never built a fanbase.  Therefor it will take them a while. 

We all know how Floridians are...most are transplants and the rest are very fair-weather.  There are a sprinkle of die-hards, but not much.  In time, this will change.

Heres a question, how many of you were actually BORN in Florida.  lol

GO MARLINS!!!

GO RAYS!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  398

Where can you catch the Rays on TV/internet? I have no way of getting to games but I LOVE watching the Rays play whenever I catch them on ESPN (which is very, very rare).

• Content Count:  12,293

Where can you catch the Rays on TV/internet? I have no way of getting to games but I LOVE watching the Rays play whenever I catch them on ESPN (which is very, very rare).

if you live in the tampa bay area and have bright house...just about every game is on either ch 17 or 39.

if you are outside of tampa bay you can subscribe to www.mlb.tv.com

• Content Count:  12,293

for the record...i live in brandon...according to mapquest i live 26.3 miles from the Trop.  it takes me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to a game.  traffic at 5:30 on 275 is awful.

so to leave the office at 5pm, drive home, change, pick up wife and friends, and leave...there is no way i can get there before 7:45.  id prefer to watch the game on tv (which i have watched just about every pitch this year)

look at the difference in the crowds for the weekend games.  i bet if they keep us this hot streak they will avg 30K on their sat and sun games.

weeknight games are just too hard to get to.  you literally have to get off work early to make it there before the game starts.

a ferry system from harbour island to baywalk would be great.  and if the rays front office wants to avg 30K all year they will need to do something like this.  cause lets face it...unless they come out of pocket with more of the funds, they arent getting that stadium anytime soon. 

and miami fans are AWFUL....they dont support ANY of their teams.  when the heat were in the playoffs they werent selling out until the finals.  dolphins numbers are way down.  i dont know how their hockey team draws.

the hurricanes dont draw that well considering their national presitige.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

time tio contract team in tampa

Archived