• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

there is more disparity in baseball than football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

between usf and big 3

somewhat odd

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

football is what makes the big 3.

Not Baseball, basketball, or academics.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well fsu and miami are always powerhouses in baseball.

UF is on and off.  hopefully our new coach can get USF baseball up and running.  but if you want to talk about facilities....our football facilities are a lot more on par with these schools then our baseball facilities are. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I may be the only one to say so, but I'm disappointed after two years of Lelo.  Not giving up - not at all.  Not complaining.  Not registering the FireLelo.com site.  Just thinking he'd be a quicker fix than this relative to competing in the Big East (not the country, the Big East).  I know there's been turnover amongst the players and Cardieri had preceded him and had a couple decades to lay anchor but I really thought we'd get this thing righted a lot faster.

• Content Count:  1,985

Prado needs to get it moving this year.  In the past USF has had a good team, but not a tournament team.  I thought LP would have brought this around sooner.  Back in the day of Robin Roberts they used to say he recruited too good, that he would have great recruits that never made it to the field because they went pro.

• Content Count:  12,293

i think the expectations for baseball at USF are high and rightfully so.  we have so much talent in the bay area on the high school level (just as much enough more than high school football) that we need to see it impact USF's roster.

the thing with college baseball is that the great kids will never be there.  they will go to the pros.  so you really need to recruit the "projects" the guys that maybe need to develop one or two more skills.

pitching is a major problem for USF too.  need to get much deeper on the pitching staff

• Content Count:  4,451

Rezz, I don't quite agree with recruiting projects.  The baseball team needs to do what football does.  Keep the bay area talent in the bay area.  I too would have thought of a quicker turn around but seeing the bigger picture, this baseball thing will be like basketball in CUSA.  Lelo will just have to maintain momentum.  I think facilities are really hurting recruiting too.

• Content Count:  1,457

Baseball did great in semi's then when Lville and Cincy came along we were displaced....get going and get ahead.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I thought Prado would have gotten this crap together quicker after the season before this past's when he got rid of the crap that was plaguing this team, but it turned out not so. I know that some of ya'll are saying "oh he did alright dont bash it" but honestly our baseball, basketball, and football need to get their **** together ASAP. Im sick of everyone settling for just mediocre. We need to settle for the best. We are in the national light now...if we want to become a top tier university in the eyes that are watching around the nation we need to win BE championships...not come in second or third or whatever.

• Content Count:  1,457

Bulls need Lacross team

Archived