• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we even consider UCF a rival?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

Aren't rivalries supposed to be hard fought and every time you play you never know who will win?

If we go by that UCF is not even close!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Correct sir.

Welcome to the board.

• Content Count:  131

currently they are not close to us in terms of talent, but they are more talented than most of our fans want to give them credit for. when we play them it seems the players and fans are pretty excited considering it is a non bcs ooc game. if they ever joined a bcs conference in the future it wouldn't be a bad game. until then why risk the loss to a rising program when we could replace with a much easier team.

• Content Count:  2,726

Are we even going to be playing them after this year?

In football?  Nope

But in All other sports...sure, their proximity will always garner cheap in-state match-ups.  Just like every other school in the state does.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  12,293

UCF is a rival.  like it or not.

are we a better football team?  of course.  do they wish their football program was following the same path that ours is?  of course.  and the only smack they can talk is...'oh we have an on campus stadium'  give me a break.  so does buffalo

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think so. Rivals should provide good competition, haven't seen that so far.

• Content Count:  12,293

I don't think so. Rivals should provide good competition, haven't seen that so far.

rivals start with proximity and grow with competition.

if UCF doesnt compeat in football within the next 5 years consider them done as a rival.  and i know that this is the last year we play them so by compeat i mean.....if they dont get ranked and give us a reason to schedule them within the next 5 years...they arent a rival.

• Content Count:  500

Dont want to sound like a gnat here but most in state rivalries took 10-15 years to get competitive, so that argument is moot. If you want to base it on the bcs-nonbcs its ok. When/if they get into a BCS conference they are WORTH playing, until then a loss costs way to much and a win is just another win over a mid major.

Guest pascobull

There are many more sports than football. They are probably the most competitive series we've had in baseball. Its like tied over 100 games or so. Just by being so close in geography and being similar in academic stature will ensure that playing each other in anything will make this rivalry continue. I think in 10 or whatever years when football plays again it will be really intense and ugly which is what is so great about college sports.

Archived