• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we even consider UCF a rival?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

we arent anyone's "rival" yet. BUT we are a very BIG thorn in the side of Louisville and West Virginia. A few more back and forth games and we could be rivals with them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  412
  • Days Won:  0

For a good rivalry to exist, there are a few factors:

1- talent level usually equal- so that it is a toss up as to who will come out on top (this is a generalization)

2- competition for the same end result, be it conference championship, or NC.

I look to the UF FSU rivalry (manufactured, btw). Yes, FSU sucked ass at the beginning, and for many years, but it grew into a rivalry.

Right now the closest thing we have to a rival is WV, IMO. We've played well and come out on top, but the end of the game is never a given. And we're both fighting for the BE championship.

Rivalries grow with time and many years of playing. So until it becomes a good idea for us to play them every year (in terms of adding cred to our schedule), there is no/will be no rivalry.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

compared to Oleary begging for a game.

Then, watch how after the game, O'Liar spins UCF's terrible loss by saying "Our boys just think of it as another game, nothing more.  The other team, I can't comment on them, but they seemed to be fired up."

You can bet your McDonald's Ranch BLT that O'Liar would be hooting and hollering if he actually beats us this year.  I just love looking at his red cheeks and beady eyes, listening to his drunken-like ramblings while he is throwing his team under the bus, and watching him never smile.  He looks like someone did in fact urinate in his corn flakes.

That is, of course, provided that UCF doesn't fire the the bald-faced liar before September due to the untimely and tragic death of a player under his care...

compared to Oleary begging for a game.

Then, watch how after the game, O'Liar spins UCF's terrible loss by saying "Our boys just think of it as another game, nothing more.  The other team, I can't comment on them, but they seemed to be fired up."

You can bet your McDonald's Ranch BLT that O'Liar would be hooting and hollering if he actually beats us this year.  I just love looking at his red cheeks and beady eyes, listening to his drunken-like ramblings while he is throwing his team under the bus, and watching him never smile.  He looks like someone did in fact urinate in his corn flakes.

That is, of course, provided that UCF doesn't fire the the bald-faced liar before September due to the untimely and tragic death of a player under his care...

Hey hey, let's not get nasty here. Who are we, classless UCF fans? Tragedies happen, and it's bad mojo to throw it around like that. We've had our share of on-field tragedies too.

• Content Count:  4,501

Gotta disagree about the winning thing.  You have "cross town rivals" and one team almost always wins but it is still a rivalry.  Only reason I like the UCF game is when its there it is actually a shorter drive for me lol.

• Content Count:  6,502

For the gnats to be our rivals they need to fit this definition of Rival:

verb

1.  be equal to in quality or ability

And that they are not!!!!

• Content Count:  580

Doesn't USF encourage their students to have differing opinions and points of view? 

Stop trying to convince eachother one way or the other.  There's no right or wrong.

Doesn't USF encourage their students to have differing opinions and points of view? 

Stop trying to convince eachother one way or the other.  There's no right or wrong.

Well, Knights, this is what we at a good university call a "discussion." People are allowed to express their opinions and offer reasoning behind them. We're not trying to convince one way or the other, we're just talking about it.

Maybe if you spent less time popping your collar and asking your frat brahs to apply bronzer, you could attend some classes and be a part of one.

Note: I know nothing about Knights, but I'm assuming that he is a Brah based on his school affiliation.

• Content Count:  6,502

There's no right or wrong.

Sure there is. 

Playing UCF is WRONG, no longer playing UCF is RIGHT!!

• Content Count:  760

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

Archived